Building a high end gaming PC Budget: £1500 (£2000 if I wait till October)

Alright everyone, been planning for a new high end gaming pc for the past few weeks and thought I'd come here for a 2nd opinion now that I have my final draft idea. As I said in the title, I currently have a budget of about £1500 (I can go up to £1550 but it'd leave me quite tight after), however if I felt there was something I absolutely needed that pushed me above that budget, I could get the rest of the setup and then come october I'll have another £500 to spare that can go towards the item(s).

My aim originally was just to upgrade some older parts in my current PC. I wanted to upgrade my memory from 16gb DDR3 to DDR4, which to do so I realised I needed a new mobo to support it. So then I thought I'd throw in a new processor too (currently using an i5 4460) just for the hell of it. Eventually I found myself spending hours looking at pc builds and parts and decided I would just fork out and try and get the top end of each key component and in result, build a new gaming PC that can handle a lot of current and future releases like PUBG, Destiny 2, Overwatch, CS:GO and other games I am a fan of at roughly the highest graphics while getting a smooth 60-80+fps performance, as well as knowing it would consist of high-end parts that will last a while before becoming outdated. 

I also want to upgrade to a 3 monitor setup, not necessarily for 3 monitor gaming but just for multitasking and reducing screen clutter. I'm currently just looking at 3x 21.5" 60Hz monitors as I already have 1 of them, and would rather spend the bulk of the budget on the PC itself than replacing my current monitor and spending even more for higher refresh rate or size.

For Peripherals I'm gonna be keeping my current mouse and keyboard: The Razer Blackwidow X Chroma and the Razer Naga Hex V2. Both are still in good condition and I'm relatively comfortable with both. I'm planning on getting a Logitech g933 7.1 Wireless Hedset, a corsair mm800 RGB polaris mouse mat, and a Logitech c922 webcam for youtube and video calls. I'm going to be sticking with my current copy of Windows 10 for the OS.

So here are the specs I'm currently looking at for the new build:

Mobo - ASROCK B250 GAMING K4

Cpu - Intel I7 7700K 4.2Ghz QC 8MB Cache

CPU Cooler - ARCTIC - Freezer 13 CO CFM Ball Bearing CPU Cooler

RAM - 16gb G.Skill Trident Z series RGB DDR4 3000Mhz (2 x 8gb) - Eventually getting another set to total 32GB but that wont be anytime soon

GPU - Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - Can't decide if it's worth the extra £200-300 for a 1080TI for my build

SSD - SanDisk X210 250GB 2.5" - My current SSD with my OS installed on it, with plans to upgrade to the Crucial - MC300 1.1TB 2.5" a few months down the line.

HDD - Western Digital Caviar Green 2tb 3.5" (5400RPM)

- Seagate BarraCuda 1tb 3.5" (7200RPM) - Both of these are also my current HDDs, not really sure if I want to upgrade them any time soon as they aren't 'too old' and have a lot of my important data on them.

PSU - EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX - My current PSU, multiple PSU calculators said it should be fine to cover this build, except if I get the 1080TI, then I need atleast a 600W?

That's all the specs. For cases I'm looking at one on amazon called the Game Max Moonstone Full Tower Case which comes with 4x 120mm RGB fans. And should have another 2 slots on the top which I'll fit with 2x Corsair HD120 RGB fans for a total of 6 case fans + cpu cooler.

So basically I'm looking for any comments on what people think of this list, whether there is something not compatible with my build that I don't know about, whether there is anything in that list that I can get an even later / better version for little price increase (less than an extra £100), and most importantly, whether the GTX 1080TI should be a major priority to me over the GTX 1080 G1 (and whether I'm right about needing a 600W PSU if I do).

Also I'll just throw it out there but bonus points if any of you know of some really nice cases that are white with RGB/LED designs and RGB fans included for a better price (the moonstone case is £110). Really wanted to get a nice white case with a side window and cool look + features like the Cooler Master Stryker case but I felt it was a little to expensive, especially since it only seems to come with 1 default fan included which means it will cost me more upfront to get some immediate fans.

The B series board is a bad choice if you're going with a K series processor.

10 minutes ago, Codymm03 said:

The B series board is a bad choice if you're going with a K series processor.

What would you recommend. I wasn't really sure what the deference between the b series and the z series was. Was originally looking at a z270 board but i'll admit, I turned to the b250 cause it looked better visual wise... Guess I might just have to bite the bullet

6 minutes ago, Artryx said:

What would you recommend. I wasn't really sure what the deference between the b series and the z series was. Was originally looking at a z270 board but i'll admit, I turned to the b250 cause it looked better visual wise... Guess I might just have to bite the bullet

I would go with AMD Ryzen because they are more price to performance and are better with gaming if you pair it with faster ram. 

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

6 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

I would go with AMD Ryzen because they are more price to performance and are better with gaming if you pair it with faster ram. 

Or wait another few hours for intel to release coffee lake.

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

4 minutes ago, xDyl said:

Or wait another few hours for intel to release coffee lake.

Will the coffee lake be significantly more expensive than the one I'm looking at? And would that be any better with the b250 mobo I listed or would I still want to get something better for it?

Edit - I should also add, I won't be buying this till the end of the week so plenty of time to wait for new releases and rethink current choices

Edited by Artryx

16 minutes ago, Artryx said:

Will the coffee lake be significantly more expensive than the one I'm looking at? And would that be any better with the b250 mobo I listed or would I still want to get something better for it?

Edit - I should also add, I won't be buying this till the end of the week so plenty of time to wait for new releases and rethink current choices

The 7700K is priced around lets say $330.

A Canadian retailer put the 8700K up for around $390 (USD), ALTHOUGH this was not Intel's release price. Consumers say it will be priced at $349, which is what the 7700K released at. (Source: Tom's Hardware)

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

32 minutes ago, xDyl said:

The 7700K is priced around lets say $330.

A Canadian retailer put the 8700K up for around $390 (USD), ALTHOUGH this was not Intel's release price. Consumers say it will be priced at $349, which is what the 7700K released at. (Source: Tom's Hardware)

I agree, I have seen few links of leaks in the forum & pricing chart all show 10$-15$ difference from 7th to 8th gen. 

52 minutes ago, Fardin said:

I agree, I have seen few links of leaks in the forum & pricing chart all show 10$-15$ difference from 7th to 8th gen. 

TH even said it may not be 100% accurate:

As usual with any leak, we do have to caution that the information may not represent final, or even actual, specifications or pricing.

But remember, it will be a new 300-series mobo, so it may cost OP more for a new chipset.

Spoiler