Reused HDD + SSD

FORGDEDELILT
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

You will need to re-install Windows. The key will still be good after getting it reset by Microsoft.

I got a 1TB HDD with my alienware a few years ago and going to use it for a custom build. Later on I'm getting a SSD which will be used for OS and HDD for storage(hopefully).

I want to know what I'll have to do when reusing the drive like deleting AW content. I'm trying to get it as close to clean as possible.

Then when I link the two could I seemlessly transfer the OS or would I have to get another copy of windows.

Also what are somethings I should do after transferring the OS or some precautions to make a new install much more seemless.

Hopefully I explain this well.

There are migration tools that come with Samsung SSDs but I'm not sure if it will work with other SSDs.

Also I just had too.

memes-in-commercials-aliens-guy-Alienwar

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

You will need to re-install Windows. The key will still be good after getting it reset by Microsoft.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

There are migration tools that come with Samsung SSDs but I'm not sure if it will work with other SSDs.

Also I just had too.

memes-in-commercials-aliens-guy-Alienwar

I accept this.

Oh alright forgot I could reinstall.