Accessing WiFi points needs to be seemless

TopWargamer

Let's say you live in the middle of New York City (although this can apply to a lot of cities) and of course, there's WiFi everywhere. You can connect your phone or tablet or whatever to it and use the Internet. The only problem is that if you move 'X' amount of meters, you lose connection to that WiFi point. While another one is available for you to connect to now, anything you were doing on the Internet gets cut off until you connect to another WiFi point.

Why can't these WiFi transitions be more fluid? What I means, you could connect your phone or tablet or whatever to a WiFi point, and as you're walking around, your device will automatically connect to any WiFi point (so long as it's not private) seemlessly, so that there's no break in what you're doing, and no frustration.

I dunno if there's anything like this out yet (and I don't think that there is), but if there's not, how long do you think it will take for us to get something like this?

COMIC SANS

Let's say you live in the middle of New York City (although this can apply to a lot of cities) and of course, there's WiFi everywhere. You can connect your phone or tablet or whatever to it and use the Internet. The only problem is that if you move 'X' amount of meters, you lose connection to that WiFi point. While another one is available for you to connect to now, anything you were doing on the Internet gets cut off until you connect to another WiFi point.

Why can't these WiFi transitions be more fluid? What I means, you could connect your phone or tablet or whatever to a WiFi point, and as you're walking around, your device will automatically connect to any WiFi point (so long as it's not private) seemlessly, so that there's no break in what you're doing, and no frustration.

I dunno if there's anything like this out yet (and I don't think that there is), but if there's not, how long do you think it will take for us to get something like this?

1. It is bad enough people  use open WIFI without any addition layers of security (IE VPN) having people able to walk around connecting to any hotspot seems like a bad idea IMO as it will increase the amount of rouges. 

2, this is possible if they are all owned by the same entity 

This can be dangerous however, a person with malicious intent can set up a hotspot and sniff your packets when you automatically connect to it. There needs to be more security in place.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

yolo forget security

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS: