Cpu temp on 6700k 100 degrees.

Go to solution Solved by TrigrH,
Just now, mebaby2 said:

only an aircooler nh-d15.

"only" that thing is a beast, test it out, if its fine the water cooler is dead.

So i just cleaned out my pc and reaplied thermal paste etc and when i run a stress test on intel extreme utility it bumps up to 100 degrees instantly and swaps between 100 and 80 degrees O_O

I have already tried redoing the thermal paste and reseating the pump heatsing on my AIO but no difference.

Idle tempts 30 / 32 degrees.

Superposition temps 50 / 60 degrees.

Intel extreme utility 80 / 100 degrees. 

All temps are same as before but intels test used to top out at 80 degrees bouncing between 80 and 70, so i have no clue whats going on should i be worried ?

Its a 6700k running at same clocks and voltages as it Always did and im still using my Cooler Master Seidon 240v with 2 Noctua NF-f12 1500rpm in push configuration as intake and a dust filter infront of it.

Oh and the pump runs 100% all the time.

how much paste did you apply? and what paste? could have been worse then what you had on there or way to much/to little

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

how much paste did you apply? and what paste? could have been worse then what you had on there or way to much/to little

I used Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme and went with a grain of uncooked rice the first time and a wee bit more when reseating to see if it helped.

Just now, mebaby2 said:

I used Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme and went with a grain of uncooked rice the first time and a wee bit more when reseating to see if it helped.

well that paste should be fine and so should the amount be. if the AIO is older it could be that liquid has evaporated and disaperaed from it and now you have air in the block. try holding the CPU block bellow the level of the radiator and shake it a bit, could help if thats the problem, better to have air in the reservoir/radiator then CPU block

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Only thing I can think of is inadequate mounting pressure?

Try adding a little more thermal paste and tightening the block down some more?

Also touch the hoses of the rad, if one is warm whilst one is noticeably cooler, its time to replace the AIO.

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

well that paste should be fine and so should the amount be. if the AIO is older it could be that liquid has evaporated and disaperaed from it and now you have air in the block. try holding the CPU block bellow the level of the radiator and shake it a bit, could help if thats the problem, better to have air in the reservoir/radiator then CPU block

I held the case a bit back a bit to lower the block below the rad and when i put it back on its feet i can definetly hear bubbles and now it takes a couple of seconds before it racks up to 100 degrees and when i give the hoses a flick with my finger i hear more bubbles should i just keep shaking it ?

The aio isnt that old maybe a few months.

10 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Only thing I can think of is inadequate mounting pressure?

Try adding a little more thermal paste and tightening the block down some more?

Also touch the hoses of the rad, if one is warm whilst one is noticeably cooler, its time to replace the AIO.

Ok so i checked on the mounting pressure however its down to where the bolts dont have any threading left, and the hoses feel like they have the same err heat?

Just now, mebaby2 said:

I held the case a bit back a bit to lower the block below the rad and when i put it back on its feet i can definetly hear bubbles and now it takes a couple of seconds before it racks up to 100 degrees and when i give the hoses a flick with my finger i hear more bubbles should i just keep shaking it ?

The aio isnt that old maybe a few months.

Ok so i checked on the mounting pressure however its down to where the bolts dont have any threading left, and the hoses feel like they have the same err heat?

if you can i would RMA it if you are already hearing bubbles, but yes,  you want to get as many of them as possible away from the block. they will do less harm in the ratiator

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, mebaby2 said:

Is the pump actually running? can you hear it? if you unplug the pump header can you hear it stop?

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Is the pump actually running? can you hear it? if you unplug the pump header can you hear it stop?

I can hear it pumping due to the slurping sound but when the cpu is stressed it sounds like its pumping harder eventhough i have it set to max speed in bios so i have no clue how that can be happening o_O

Just now, mebaby2 said:

I can hear it pumping due to the slurping sound but when the cpu is stressed it sounds like its pumping harder eventhough i have it set to max speed in bios so i have no clue how that can be happening o_O

maybe there is a blockage in the pump or something? do you have any other CPU coolers you could test?

Just now, TrigrH said:

maybe there is a blockage in the pump or something? do you have any other CPU coolers you could test?

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

"only" that thing is a beast, test it out, if its fine the water cooler is dead.

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

if you can i would RMA it if you are already hearing bubbles, but yes,  you want to get as many of them as possible away from the block. they will do less harm in the ratiator

Thanks guys i wont RMA it seeing returning stuff here is a freaking nightmare beyond belief and when its finally settled id end up with another seidon, seeing my history with cooler master products ill just toss it and get like a corsair h100i or smthing, i took out the nh-d15 seeing it looks bizarly unfunny in mini-itx and cleaning it is a massive inconvinience.

9 minutes ago, mebaby2 said:

uuu that will handely beat the absolute SHIT out of your AIO lol

1 minute ago, mebaby2 said:

Thanks guys i wont RMA it seeing returning stuff here is a freaking nightmare beyond belief and when its finally settled id end up with another seidon, seeing my history with cooler master products ill just toss it and get like a corsair h100i or smthing, i took out the nh-d15 seeing it looks bizarly unfunny in mini-itx and cleaning it is a massive inconvinience.

think it was a H110i my friend got and it was like a tornado even through his headphones

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, mebaby2 said:

The new fractal celcius coolers are really nice IMO, if you want a new AIO that is.