Microsoft, the New Apple

TheMissxu

DGOxL6L.png

Hopefully the Microsoft adapter isn't "proprietary..."

d5TnpWK.png

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Money Money Money! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

yup, i just got one on ebay for my surfaced pro as most people to if they have macs anyways

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

bye bye window, hello linux!

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Wrong forum section. This should be in general discussion, not news.

Surface Pro device is not targeted at the low end market, but rather professionals, who, those who have the budget to buy such device, have the money to afford some official accessories.

That in mind, official accessories are around that price, look at Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc, same story.

Example: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=331-2972&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

It was always like this, before Apple started selling accessories. This is nothing new.

You pay a premium price to have an accessory that matches perfectly the device looks.

wow!

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Or go to Amazon and buy an identical cable/adapter for a fraction of the price like most sensible people.

More people have mac's and I believe that adapter for the surface just launched. A proper DP to HDMI adaper costs roughly $15 for the passive one and $25 for the active one. As for VGA I believe its around the same price but VGA really needs to die off and the quicker the better.

Wrong forum section. This should be in general discussion, not news.

Surface Pro device is not targeted at the low end market, but rather professionals, who, those who have the budget to buy such device, have the money to afford some official accessories.

That in mind, official accessories are around that price, look at Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc, same story.

Example: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=331-2972&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

It was always like this, before Apple started selling accessories. This is nothing new.

You pay a premium price to have an accessory that matches perfectly the device looks.

Also for companies so they know that it 100% will work with their products this is important. I can attest to this I bought a Lenovo display port splitter that was near double the generic ones on newegg and amazon as I knew it would "just work" with my dock as long as I stay within its specifications. The lenovo adapter had no reviews for it except on a dedicated thinkpad blog and the reviews for the other random brands, even companies that I but other things from regularly, had review that were all over the place.

Not really.. Microsoft is bad.. but not that bad lol.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More people have mac's and I believe that adapter for the surface just launched. A proper DP to HDMI adaper costs roughly $15 for the passive one and $25 for the active one. As for VGA I believe its around the same price but VGA really needs to die off and the quicker the better.

Also for companies so they know that it 100% will work with their products this is important. I can attest to this I bought a Lenovo display port splitter that was near double the generic ones on newegg and amazon as I knew it would "just work" with my dock as long as I stay within its specifications. The lenovo adapter had no reviews for it except on a dedicated thinkpad blog and the reviews for the other random brands, even companies that I but other things from regularly, had review that were all over the place.

You realize that no digital-digital connection is better than the one 1/4 the price, right? Digital either has a signal or it doesn't. There is no in-between value, no matter how much gold you plate it with (looking at you monster with your $100 hdmi cables)

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

You realize that no digital-digital connection is better than the one 1/4 the price, right? Digital either has a signal or it doesn't. There is no in-between value, no matter how much gold you plate it with (looking at you monster with your $100 hdmi cables)

I am now confused as to how this applies to me with what I posted.