Petg vs acrylic

Go to solution Solved by Lurick,

Unless you're components are pegged at 100C for hours at a time and you can actually get the liquid to raise to that level, you're not going to have any issues.

The temperature of the water will be a good bit lower than the component temps and will equalize at a certain point as well. So unless you're doing something like running an FX series processor, overclocked, with several Fiji based GPUs also overclocked on a single 120mm rad then that won't happen :) 

I have been reading and am wanting to say petg. But the low melting point scares me. Any advice.

@W-L he can help but always buy more than you need to so then if you do mess up it's fine

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Unless you're components are pegged at 100C for hours at a time and you can actually get the liquid to raise to that level, you're not going to have any issues.

The temperature of the water will be a good bit lower than the component temps and will equalize at a certain point as well. So unless you're doing something like running an FX series processor, overclocked, with several Fiji based GPUs also overclocked on a single 120mm rad then that won't happen :) 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

17 minutes ago, rockon5622 said:

I have been reading and am wanting to say petg. But the low melting point scares me. Any advice.

You'll be alright with PETG, it's been the common go to over say acrylic due to it's ease of use and forgiveness. It's melting point is way higher than what your fluid temps will ever reach within the loop, and a good metric is your fluid shouldn't ever get past 60C due t the pumps sake for longevity.