Only 2 speakers working in 5.1 Windows 10

Go to solution Solved by KenjiUmino,
1 hour ago, A_man said:

but on the I\O shield it's all signed with Line in, Line out etc.

so all jacks have the same color except mic?

check your mainboard manual, it should tell you where the plugs for FRONT, REAR and CENTER/SUB should go.

So I just finished building my rig, freshly installed windows 10 and I have problem with my speakers. I'm using a Logitech X530 speaker set and it's 5.1. My mobo is an MSI B350M gaming pro carbon with Realtek ALC1220 audio chipset (and audio boost 4.0) that supports 7.1 and has 6 outputs: S/PDIF( not my concern) and 5 3.5mm audio ports. I am plugged into 3: Line in, Line out and Mic in. The windows is 64 bit, all drivers installed. The problem is that only 2 front speakers work when I test them with windows. I was told I should look into the realtek software but I haven't got one, only something called realtek high definition drivers which is not a program. Any idea why it's not working?

??

Untitled-1.jpg.fcc81ff1adeb113bef3cd7c7fa888a31.jpg

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

oh and the cables are not in the correct ports, you need:

Front Left + Right - GREEN

Sub / Centre - ORANGE

Rear Left + Right - BLACK

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

3 minutes ago, MrMarriarty said:

oh and the cables are not in the correct ports, you need:

Front Left + Right - GREEN

Sub / Centre - ORANGE

Rear Left + Right - BLACK

I don't get to decide which ones i plug. Everything is connected to a subwoofer which then connects to the right front speaker and then 3 cables are going from it: a green, orange and a black one. The black is connected to Line in, green to line out and orange to mic in. Is it right?

so your backpanel audio should look like this

audi.jpg.409a7731de0f4ae5d19025c1f00e08af.jpg

so your green cable goes in the green one... do i need to continue lol

it actually looks like this Poy5Fqv.pngbut on the I\O shield it's all signed with Line in, Line out etc.

1 hour ago, A_man said:

but on the I\O shield it's all signed with Line in, Line out etc.

so all jacks have the same color except mic?

check your mainboard manual, it should tell you where the plugs for FRONT, REAR and CENTER/SUB should go.