EK 290x Waterblock and EK-FC Terminal Compatibility

Hi

I am just wanting to know if the EK FC R9 290X Original CSQ Full Cover Waterblock, is compatible with the EK FC Terminal DUAL Parallel GPU SLi / CrossFire Block. It is advertised on the waterblock page that is is compatible with the EK-FC terminal system, but on the terminal page it says that it is not compatible with the original CSQ design. If these are not compatible could someone suggest another method of connecting the 2 cards, when they are 2 slots apart. I was hoping to be able to use the EK-FC bridge and Link system but that is advertised as not compatible either. 

EK 290x Block Link:http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/EK-FC-R9-290X-Original-CSQ-Full-Cover-Waterblock--Nickel-Plexi-pid-22567.html

EK-FC Terminal:http://specialtech.co.uk/spshop/customer/EK-FC-Terminal-DUAL-Parallel-GPU-SLi--CrossFire-Block--Acetal-pid-17641.html

Thanks

ED

i7-3960X@4.4 GHz, H100i (W/ AP-15 Fans), R9 290X , 32GB DDR3 1866 MHz, Asus RIVE, CM HAF X

Have you tried contacting EK themselves?

Since the 290X waterblock is newer and more or less updated, it should be but I would first contact the site themselves.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I haven't tried contacting EK themselves, I thought I would anybody on here has a solution first.

i7-3960X@4.4 GHz, H100i (W/ AP-15 Fans), R9 290X , 32GB DDR3 1866 MHz, Asus RIVE, CM HAF X

I haven't tried contacting EK themselves, I thought I would anybody on here has a solution first.

Well It's smart to check with the guys themselves as they got the parts and the infobase.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

@edschofield15

I cleaned my EK blocks yesterday:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/82265-eked/

I'd advise against buying EK.

And the FC bridges are crap. They work fine if everything is perfectly straight. But due to the fact that they are held in place by a single centered screw / gpu, if you take your cards out and one of them even moves 1mm they start leaking. [Had this yesterday aswell.]

Buy some quality parts such as Aquacomputer or Koolance. The 10-30$ price premium is worth it in the long run.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I wouldn't lump koolance in with Aqua, their blocks can have some pretty crappy machining marks on them as well. It's Aqua / Watercool.de > bitspower > everything else.