Drives not showing up in BIOS anymore

Hman1250
Go to solution Solved by InertiaSelling,

Do they show up if you try to use them with another computer ?

I just built a new PC for my brother which has an SSD and a HDD. Yesterday I installed windows on the PC successfully on the SSD however was having network controller issues (code 28) in which I couldn't solve through various methods so I tried to reinstall windows. Now when I try to reinstall windows and boot to my USB, both the drives cannot install windows and say that it's unallocated (drive 0 and drive 1). I tried using diskpart to clean the drives however that did not help. In the BIOS, both drives are not shown there and without the USB plugged in, it goes straight to the BIOS, no bootup option. Any help?

44 minutes ago, InertiaSelling said:

Do they show up if you try to use them with another computer ?

Checked in a different computer and it was read as unallocated, fixed it thank you

@Hman1250 You're welcome. I had this problem today while installing Windows on my little brother's "new" computer (recycled z400 workstation). Well, not the exact same problem actually, I couldn't format the drive, so I had to clone another drive to it in order to have a functioning file system again. Anyway, glad to know everything works now.