Minor cosmetic PC laptop repair to not make it look so painful!

So a year or so i dropped my work beast laptop its all plastic construction and the only suffrage was this corner piece that broke off 

I am aware of needing to be cautious of the power port and inner connection, also that the laptop screen hinges are right next too it on the other side.

I wanted to see if anyone has experience with or have tried with some success a repair too this and their results.

my proposed solutions as of right now

-using a thing bondo putty and trying to fill in/ remold the plastic corner and lightly sanding it clean (being cautious of the dusk of course) and painting to match

-using some sort of hardening modeling compound and once again filling in and painting

right now im leaning toward bondo putty cause it is familiar ( ive used it for car body work) and i know it is not electronically conductive being that it is going near the power port

20170817_084247.jpg

I'd just throw a real bandaid on it and or get one that says Oops and move on with my life or ... get a new case/shell for it. :) If it works dont fix it. 

1 minute ago, AJ-Goodrich said:

I'd just throw a real bandaid on it and or get one that says Oops and move on with my life or ... get a new case/shell for it. :) If it works dont fix it. 

hah i agree i just am tired of it looking like that and plus im worried it is going to get worse since i have to carry it around for work and school for yet another year.

Still would lean on the side of not fixing it unless you get a new shell. 

A piece of electrical table across it in an "X" pattern (a few times over) should be strong enough. I really wouldn't go sticking something that can turn into dust or chunks/particles into a device on the notion of looks. 

You have a cool story to tell about how it got broke if asked... and you are worrying too much! :)

The best part is you're going to school and soon enough when you get out you can get a killer laptop cause you'll make more money after school.