Advice on Case Choice

Gopherlove

Hey there guys! So, i'm looking for.. not really advice but more opinions really. I have some quite specific requirements for a case I want and i'm having trouble finding one that reallllly hits these.

I need the case to have:

- Full or nearly full acrylic or glass (prefer TG cuz.. awesome..) side panel so the internals are completely visible.

- There needs to be room for

~ 2 240/280 360/380 radiators

~ A sizable reservoir

- I want a covered PSU

- Needs to be very cable management friendly

- Needs to be relatively big, more than likely only full towers will work with the amount of cooling i'm putting in

I think that's most of the main things i'm looking for. I'm trying to make a good looking case, with an open view to the inside to show off the water setup and components in general.
I do not care about cost, to a point. I would like to keep the cost under $200, but I am not necessarily limited by that. Just don't recommend a $500 case please xD

I do not care about other peripherals, there will be no 3.5" drives in this (it'll be 10Gb linked to my server) and I have no use for a 5.25" drive so prefer a case that I can remove that and use the room for a radiator or something.

Color is not necessarily anything I care about (honestly theres a good chance i'll tear it down and paint it) but I would like it to not have fancy colors, stick to black/white/silver and such.

I've been looking at the Thermaltake Core X71 case as it hits everything i'm really looking for..

For reference the system will be something like this,  i'm still finalizing my buy list:
Intel i7-7700 or i5-7600 (haven't decided yet..)
MSI Gaming Pro Carbon z270
GTX 1070 (either EVGA or MSI probably)

Custom EKWB cooling setup for CPU and GPU

CableMod kit for Corsair RM750i

Thanks all for any opinions you have (feel free to steer me to anything different on the internal components as well :-P).

I would suggest if you're liquid cooling a GPU, it's more "worth it" to watercool a 1080 or a 1080ti, especially since 1070 prices are A still inflated and B, are adequately cooled with aftermarket coolers 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854042 (cannot do simultaneous dual 360's, but can probably do a 360 and 240)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352055 (sadly this Define series sku doesnt come in TG, the smaller Define C variants do but they cant hold dual 360's at the same time, also no basement for the PSU)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133335 (again, only 240 and 360, not dual 360's)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA68V45G2217 (no basement)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Yea I was picking the 1070 because it came with an EK block installed already for the same price of the air cooled models (cheaper than many in fact..) and the 1080 with the EK block was only about 100 more but I was trying to cut the cost a wee bit and I don't do.. serioussss gaming, but in the end, I may go for a 1080. That's towards the end of the purchase list so I have time to figure it out..

But thanks, i'll take a look at those, pretty sure i've looked at a couple of them already. I'm flexible on 240 vs 360 but I do know I wanna run two rads

14 hours ago, Gopherlove said:

Yea I was picking the 1070 because it came with an EK block installed already for the same price of the air cooled models (cheaper than many in fact..) and the 1080 with the EK block was only about 100 more but I was trying to cut the cost a wee bit and I don't do.. serioussss gaming, but in the end, I may go for a 1080. That's towards the end of the purchase list so I have time to figure it out..

But thanks, i'll take a look at those, pretty sure i've looked at a couple of them already. I'm flexible on 240 vs 360 but I do know I wanna run two rads

A 240 and a 360 should be good for any setup, even with low rpm fans

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25