So i currently have a macbook pro as my daily and it has been for the past 5 years (not to mention the fact that before that I had been all apple for a really long time). And my goal is to run an OSX (el captain or sierra) VM on my new alienware 13 that I have coming in. The trick here is that I would like to find a way to take my current OSX with all of my apps and files and transfer it over to a virtual machine (willing to run any free or reasonably priced virtualization software such as virtualbox, vmware, hyper-v, etc...) I have read people trying to do this with time machine and then restoring from time machine which doesnt exactly seem to work all the time. Of course apple makes this really easy when you buy a macbook they have a tool to transfer everything over wifi to the new computer but that doesn't seem to work either. Any help would be awesome.

Folding Community Board:

Also check out our Official Folding Month event:

we can't offer hackintosh help here :(

but for MacOS you really need to run it on metal. I've tried VM on my 3770k / 1070 and it was unusuable, couldn't even get past the installation after a night of waiting around 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Locked.

As mentioned above, we can't help with hackintosh (VM also fall into this due to Apple's ToS).

From the Community Standards:

Talking about piracy in general, broad details, is acceptable however the posting or discussing pirated/hacked/cracked or otherwise nefariously obtained content is not. This includes Windows content, games, hackintosh, etc. Also discussions regarding ways to avoid or block legitimately installed monitoring/tracking software or the like is also not allowed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !