Ram upgrade

Hey guys and gals

I am planning on buying some new ram

Now my motherboard has 2 slots as it is an matx gigabyte board

I currently have 6gb 1x 4gb and 1x 2gb installed And i only really play games I don't do and media creation 

So what do I go for total of 8gb or 16gb 

Do I buy a single 4gb stick or buy a pair of 8gb 

The most ram demanding game I play is ark survival evolved 

Ram speeds don't bother me and I have around £100 to buy a some ram 

What would you guys recommend

Replace the 2GB with another of the 4gb sticks you have and call it a day.  8GB will be plenty for most games.

I would go for 8gb sticks. A single 8gb stick will run you about $70, and a 16gb set will set you off at $130. I do not suggest purchasing two 4gb sticks, because you cannot upgrade again without swtiching out the sticks again. Purchasing one 8gb stick now, and then upgrading later if you want. You might as well get a 16gb set too, and that will run you a long time.

I would go for 8Gb because one you only have 100$ two the games you play must not be the demanding and lastly no matter what you still get a upgrade.

i would go for getting a new pair of 8Gb sticks because of compatibility issues when using different ram sticks together unless you buy the same 4gb stick you already have so you have two of them to make 8Gb 

unless you wanna stretch for 16gb if your going to play more demanding games

Regarding prices I am based in the UK and overclockers.co.uk is where I have been looking at for ram there is a set of 16gb for £65 

Buy an 8Gb stick and run it along side your 4Gb stick for 12Gb. You can then upgrade to 16Gb if its not enough.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

2 hours ago, Lillew2016 said:

recommend

Matching set 2x 8 would be best to run in dual channel of the fastest ram that fits in your budget.

Second would be.     2 x 4 of the fastest ram that fits in your budget for dual channel.

Mixing ram is not the best option but if that's all you can afford, go for it.

Thank you for all the feedback people my 4gb is a hyper X fury stick

I am going to do some testing regarding my games and see which games get close to my max ram also i forgot to say I do play batman  arkham knight as well

my method for choice for which amount will be play my games while in most stressful areas while logging ram usage.

If I am between 10-60% I will upgrade to 8gb or 65+ % usage then go for 16gb just to give more overhead.

Do you think this would be a good way of testing if not what would you do