What cooler should I buy for b350?

gui1910

Hello, I'm from Brazil and recently my father bought in the US a B350 Tomahawk to use with my new ryzen 5 1600. The problem is that the motherboard didn't come with any screws or brackets to install the processor (I don't know what happened), to be more precisely, the motherboard came naked. The screws to install the MoBo in the PC case are easy to find, but I don't know where to find the brackets and screws to install the CPU cooler. Is there any cooler on the market that comes with brackets (and anything else I need) to install the CPU cooler on my MoBo?

I really apreciate any help you can provide, and sorry for my english mistakes :)

the CPU comes with the screws for cooler mounting, and it also comes with a stock cooler that is plenty good enough.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Yes but I was expecting the MoBo to come as the first image, and It came as the second image. Inside the CPU box, I only got the stock cooler and the processor, there wasn't any aditional screws/brackets inside it. With those 4 empty holes in my MoBo, I can't install the processor :/ 

mobo1.jpeg

mobo2.jpg

Just now, gui1910 said:

Yes but I was expecting the MoBo to come as the first image, and It came as the second image. Inside the CPU box, I only got the stock cooler and the processor, there wasn't any aditional screws/brackets inside it. With those 4 empty holes in my MoBo, I can't install the processor :/ 

~

~

Strange. it should've come like the first picture.

are you sure that it is a new motherboard, not open-box or anything?

you can probably return it and ask for a new one, which will then come with the bracket.

I think that some aftermarket coolers even rely on that bracket that is included, but I'm not sure.

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Yes it's very strange. My father bought it on Amazon. But as I'm in Brazil, I can't return the MoBo :/ So I'm trying to find any cooler that comes with this missing part to install the CPU. By the way, I asked him and he said the MoBo wasn't used or anything, it was supposed to come brand-new.

10 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Strange. it should've come like the first picture.

are you sure that it is a new motherboard, not open-box or anything?

you can probably return it and ask for a new one, which will then come with the bracket.

I think that some aftermarket coolers even rely on that bracket that is included, but I'm not sure.

I forgot to quote you, sorry for the duplicate post.

Just now, gui1910 said:

I forgot to quote you, sorry for the duplicate post.

thanks for the quote. helped me see the reply.

I'm not sure which ones come with a separate backplate, that's something you'd have to contact support for.

Desktop:

Laptop:

The screws are on the cooler that comes with it 

And for the motherboard if it doesnt had the plastic bracket with the backplate it was NOT brand new 

Also any decent aftermarket cooler should come with a backplate for both intel and amd sockets so pick what is in budget and then check brand website for AM4 support

Let's agree to disagree

rule #1. Don't buy computer parts of amazon

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700
RAM: Kingston FURY Beast 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40
Storage: Boot Drive: Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Other Storage: Mass Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM, Western Digital Caviar Blue 2TB 5400 RPM, Scratch Disk: Intel X25-E SSDSA2SH032G1 32GB SATA II SSD, Backup Drive: Seagate ST3160318AS 160GB HDD
GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB ROG STRIX GAMING OC
Case: Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW ATX Mid Tower
PSU: Silverstone Strider Platinum S 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX
Monitors: Primary: Samsung S34E790C 34" 3440*1440 60 Hz UWQHD; Secondary: LG 34UM58-P 34" 2560*1080 75 Hz UWFHD; Tertiary: BenQ GL2460 24" 1920*1080 60 Hz FHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mk. 2 RGB Gaming Keyboard - Black

Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS Gaming Mouse - Black, Logitech MX Master 3

Headphones: Corsair VOID PRO Surround Cherry 7.1ch

Speakers: Logitech Z213 7W 2.1ch

Laptop:

Asus Zenbook Pro 15 (UX535Li-E2018T) with Intel Core i7-10750-H 12MB @ 2.60GHz (Turbo @ 5.0 GHz), 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2933 MHz SODIMM and Intel(R) UHD Graphics; NVidia Geforce GTX 1650-Ti with Max-Q Design, using WDC NVMe PC SN730 SDBPNTY-1T00-1102, on a 96-Wh battery

NAS Specs:

Make & Model: QNAP TS-1277

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @Stock

Hard Drives: x8 WD Red 2TB

SSDs (2.5"): x1 Samsung 850 Evo 250GB V-NAND (cache drive)

M.2 SSDs: None

RAID Configuration: RAID 6 (excluding SSD)

Total Storage: 12TB

Expansion Cards: None

1 hour ago, Hugs12343 said:

rule #1. Don't buy computer parts of amazon

Why?

Desktop:

Laptop:

212 EVO from cooler master comes with the screws you need to mount, you will need a back plate.
The little plastic brackets is not a big problem however without the backplate you are screwed.