Please help me.

I have just finished assembling my PC. I do not yet have an hdd as it has not come in yet but everything else is installed. When I boot it up it does not post and the fans turn on for a brief few seconds then off, on, off etc until I turn off the PSU. Please help.

i5 3570k

Hyper 212 Evo

7870 Ghz

8Gb Ram

MSI Z77AG41

CX500 PSU

Thanks, Alex

Thanks, Alex

Reconnect all the power connectors to your motherboard, make sure you haven't forgotten any such as the CPU power. If that's all clear, check to see if there is any bare metal touching another metal object on your motherboard which could cause a short and thus power down.

Everything is connected an nothing that shouldn't be is touching the mobo, still no post, repeatedly turning on and off the fans.

Make sure everything is fitted nice and tight, make sure the RAM modules are fully installed, make sure all the cables are fully connected.

Make sure the PSU voltage matches the plug's voltage .

Sometimes this just happens for no reason at all and the system could boot on after the 4th or 5th restart.

Alright I'm gonna fiddle around with it, be right back with results.

Nothing. The fans and LED's turn on, then off, everything seems to be fine. There's no beeping either.

Could require a CPU reseat. I had to do this on my first attempt. Do you have spare thermal paste to use?

Yes I have thermal paste. I will try this. Sigh... re installing the evo then haha

Yes I have thermal paste. I will try this. Sigh... re installing the evo then haha

It may not change it but it's worth a shot. Ah - yeah can be difficult can't it - more practice so next time you can do insanely quickly! :D Good luck and keep us posted.

It may not change it but it's worth a shot. Ah - yeah can be difficult can't it - more practice so next time you can do insanely quickly! :D Good luck and keep us posted.

Ye I have taken my mobo out like 4 times in the last couple of days...Getting pretty good at it...

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Ok, I reseated the CPU and still the same thing. Is there any way of checking that my Mobo works properly?

Ok' date=' I reseated the CPU and still the same thing. Is there any way of checking that my Mobo works properly?[/quote']

Perhaps try booting with only 1 stick of ram. Try each stick individually, in each DIMM slot.

It now works with 1 ram stick in the 3rd slot. Thanks a ton. I will try to get all 8gb to work now though. Thanks again, I was having one of those moments where you spend a lot of money and get nervous.

I'm not sure if the ram stick is broken or the slot. I placed the two stick into slots 3,4, the two slots are different colors, though, will it still work?

It now works with 1 ram stick in the 3rd slot. Thanks a ton. I will try to get all 8gb to work now though. Thanks again, I was having one of those moments where you spend a lot of money and get nervous.

I'm not sure if the ram stick is broken or the slot. I placed the two stick into slots 3,4, the two slots are different colors, though, will it still work?

Try all RAM modules in that same slot to know if the other slots are damaged or if the other RAM modules are defective.

Ok - so you now know that that RAM stick is working. Just using that single stick, test the other slots. If it doesn't boot on one slot you know that the it's the slot that is faulty and RMA the motherboard may be an issue. If all the slots work fine, then it's going to be a stick problem. Glad you've isolated the problem to the RAM :)

Everything works :) the pc is up and running

glad to hear it up and runing js would of been so much less of a pain if u had a led debug on your mobo