Apps for managing money/creating a budget and goals?

nicolas2465

I am looking to get an app to create a budget and goals like saving a certain amount per week or whatever.  What are y'alls favorites?  I'm on android btw

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700k
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI - MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Crucial P1 1tb M.2 NVME BOOT DRIVE
Video Card: MSI RTX 2070 Super
Case: NZXT - H500 (White) 
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold 

I use a spreadsheet for basic budging.  Ya know the whole 'I get this much money per month and this buch comes out in bills and replanted budgets' and stuff'.  The nice thing there is that it assumes 2 paycheques per month but with there being 26 paydays per year rather than 24, twice a year there's an budgeted paycheque

In addition to that, I just use MoneyWise on my phone to track day to day spending.  I use it in the simplest way possible, I have specific fixed budgets every month, it tracks as I burn through them, so mostly it just keeps me from over spending early in a month and then being tapped the rest of the money.  Instead I have a steady flow of stupid purchases coming in. :D

Why not learn to use a good, old spreadsheet like Excel? 

You should be able to pull it off easily, if you dig it up you can make it automatic, month by month, etc. And that's actually also a marketable skill: a lot of places would hire you for entry level junior-to-the-junior Analyst type positions just by knowing formulas, pivot tables and macros in Excel.

-------

Current Rig

-------

20 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

I use a spreadsheet for basic budging.  Ya know the whole 'I get this much money per month and this buch comes out in bills and replanted budgets' and stuff'.  The nice thing there is that it assumes 2 paycheques per month but with there being 26 paydays per year rather than 24, twice a year there's an budgeted paycheque

In addition to that, I just use MoneyWise on my phone to track day to day spending.  I use it in the simplest way possible, I have specific fixed budgets every month, it tracks as I burn through them, so mostly it just keeps me from over spending early in a month and then being tapped the rest of the money.  Instead I have a steady flow of stupid purchases coming in. :D

Cool, thanks for the tips.  

What's your profile picture from BTW?

20 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Why not learn to use a good, old spreadsheet like Excel? 

You should be able to pull it off easily, if you dig it up you can make it automatic, month by month, etc. And that's actually also a marketable skill: a lot of places would hire you for entry level junior-to-the-junior Analyst type positions just by knowing formulas, pivot tables and macros in Excel.

I do know how to use excel, but I was looking for something I can look at on the go as well.  Or that will tell me what's going on without having to open the spreadsheet every time

8 minutes ago, nicolas2465 said:

What's your profile picture from BTW?

He's Midare Toushirou from Touken Ranbu.  

__render__4___midare_toushirou_by_kasu_c

7 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

He's Midare Toushirou from Touken Ranbu.  

__render__4___midare_toushirou_by_kasu_c

H-h...he?

oh lord

Freshbooks! The cloud accounting software that lets you spend less time on paperwork and more time doing what you love.

FreshBooks is built on three basic principles - save time on billing (FreshBooks claims that their customers save up to 2 days worth of work-time per month), get paid faster (easily invoice clients on the go), and grow your business (their software is built to scale with you as your business grows). Save time and manage the finances of your small business with ease on FreshBooks.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

excel/google sheets

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz