What phone to go for

Joveice

Hello,

So where I'm going to start working I can have a "work phone" or use the one I have.

So I'm a Android user so IOS or any other OS is not on the list for what I would use.

I recently went from Samsung to Motorola (Lenovo). My current phone is a Moto G5 Plus which I'm way happier with than with my galaxy.

So what are good clean Android phones?

• They need to be non "plus" phones as the job only provides normal phones, etc galaxy s8 but no s8 plus.
  • Fast or at least decent speed. (My S5 got slow after a year of normal use).
  • Not Samsung because of all the bloatware.
  • None to little bloatware.
  • Headphone jack.
  • 5.2" - 5.7" screen.
  • Decent battery.
  • Fingerprint (Not a must)
  • Better than my Moto G5 Plus or I will stick with it as It's the best phone I have ever used so far.

Back-end developer, electronics "hacker"

HTC U11. Great phone. Really fast. Great camera.

Do I own one?

No.

Do I want to own one?

Yes.

Just now, Navbryce said:

HTC U11. Great phone. Really fast. Great camera.

Do I own one?

No.

Do I want to own one?

Yes.

Yea I was looking at it, but turns out there is no headphone jack :(

1 minute ago, Joveice said:

Yea I was looking at it, but turns out there is no headphone jack :(

It comes with an adapter in this box as well as a case. :(

Just now, Navbryce said:

It comes with an adapter in this box as well as a case. :(

Then I guess It's back on the list

Galaxy S8, the newer Samsung's on Grace UX are amazing. I actually like it more than stock Android because of all the innovations they made for a very small performance deficit. Also, if u aren't in the US, the S8 comes with a Exynos which are better my S7's cpu has similar speed to the 835. It has one of the best smartphone cameras and the best look and build quality imo. Everything else except HTC u11 is an iPhone type design that looks and feels like a big turd.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Z. said:

Galaxy S8, the newer Samsung's on Grace UX are amazing. I actually like it more than stock Android because of all the innovations they made for a very small performance deficit. Also, if u aren't in the US, the S8 comes with a Exynos which are better my S7's cpu has similar speed to the 835. It has one of the best smartphone cameras and the best look and build quality imo. Everything else except HTC u11 is an iPhone type design that looks and feels like a big turd.

The u11 is also great imo but that is personal preference, I like the S8

Google Pixel pretty much :P. You could wait for the Essential Phone tough, its getting a firm release date in a week (might take another year until shipping but XD).

Just now, Goku-sama said:

Google Pixel pretty much :P. You could wait for the Essential Phone tough, its getting a firm release date in a week (might take another year until shipping but XD).

Wot?? It's nice but doesn't have the specs or look to compete with the S8 or U11. The build is like an IPhone but they made the bezels bigger and have an ugly window thing. Only for Android purists and Lineage OS is better imo

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

-snip-

I never flashed any Android phone in the past and since he is looking for one for work, perhaps he would prefer it "clean" out of the box :P.

I actually like it better from a design prespective over the S8 and HTC U11, but hey its personal preference. They promise a lot, nowan is sure they can keep their promises...

I also share the original poster opinion, Samsung and LG software is just not for me.

Just now, Goku-sama said:

I never flashed any Android phone in the past and since he is looking for one for work, perhaps he would prefer it "clean" out of the box :P.

I actually like it better from a design prespective over the S8 and HTC U11, but hey its personal preference. They promise a lot, nowan is sure they can keep their promises...

I also share the original poster opinion, Samsung and LG software is just not for me.

How can u prefer the pixel? It's a copy of a crappy 3 year old design, that got crapped on again. Worst Google product i have heard about that is fairly successful.

8 minutes ago, Goku-sama said:

Google Pixel is not available where I live so that would not work. Sadly.

4 minutes ago, Goku-sama said:

Yup, clean out of the box as I can not flash it or anything like that as I have to keep the warranty.

Just now, Daniel Z. said:

How can u prefer the pixel? It's a copy of a crappy 3 year old design, that got crapped on again. Worst Google product i have heard about that is fairly successful.

Its not like there are many other options out there that are actually clean :/.

The OnePlus 5 seems to always have an issue with software related bugs or hardware defects that show up more oftenly than desired, Nokia has yet to release a flagship device and from what we have seen its gonna be quite the bezel slab (at least with a great camera hopefully), so unless there is another smartphone with stock android (motorola phones according to MrMobile are not providing enough bang for your buck, the Force 2 has a smaller battery than the midranger o-o).

The Nexus 6P isnt very durable and software support apparently is ending soon aswell. What can i say :(.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up going for a HTC u11, sadly I couldn't get it in red. but the black will do. First day with it, seems like a really nice phone.

4 minutes ago, anthonyjc2010 said:

I was going to say HTC U11, but you seemed to ruin that idea. I'll still try to persuade you. It has the latest and greatest SOC from Qualcomm (the 835) and standard it comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB SSD. You'll have the most beautiful and eye-catching design (from the back) of any phone. The audio experience is second to none. The BoomSound speakers, really put the "Boom" in BoomSound. They are incredibly loud and full sounding (I compared them to my Nexus 6P, have to say, they are pretty good). The screen is very good for an IPS screen, with very vibrant colors. And HTC sense is very clean, almost stock. HTC is relatively good with updates and you'll get them for probably two years.

With that out of the way, the only option I see for you is a OnePlus 5. The best specs, the cleanest Android with additions where it makes sense. A far better camera than your current phone. A pretty good AMOLED display from what I hear. The all important headphone jack. And some pretty good speakers.

[Note: These really are not in-depth summaries of the phones because you are requesting information on a secondary phone that your organization will have full administrative control over.]

In the post right above yours :P

3 hours ago, Joveice said:

Ended up going for a HTC u11, sadly I couldn't get it in red. but the black will do. First day with it, seems like a really nice phone.

EDIT:

Also, I have full controll over the phone. I even got it in the original box with extra warranty void stickers in the box.

On 8/10/2017 at 11:05 AM, Goku-sama said:

Its not like there are many other options out there that are actually clean :/.

The OnePlus 5 seems to always have an issue with software related bugs or hardware defects that show up more oftenly than desired, Nokia has yet to release a flagship device and from what we have seen its gonna be quite the bezel slab (at least with a great camera hopefully), so unless there is another smartphone with stock android (motorola phones according to MrMobile are not providing enough bang for your buck, the Force 2 has a smaller battery than the midranger o-o).

The Nexus 6P isnt very durable and software support apparently is ending soon aswell. What can i say :(.

My feelings exactly. If you want clean Android.. not many options: Samsung, LG, HTC, ZTE, HUAWEI, XiaoMi, all too much skins / bloatware for me.

I just ordered the Google Pixel XL, because there are no other options with clean Android besides Oneplus 5 or Motorola G or Z series.

Oneplus 5 had Jelly Scrolling, so I am returning mine.

Motorola G series are okay for the price, but I wanted something a little higher end to last me longer.

Motorola Z series... not really a fan of the design or the price/performance ratio.

So that just left the Pixel for me.. I actually like the design, even though the bezels could have been a little smaller. The bezels are still smaller than the iPhone 7 Plus though for a 5.5" screen. The Oneplus 5 bezels are a bit smaller than the Pixel XL, but not that much.