Against the better judgement of fellow forum members, I decided to mod my H100i GTX to have a 280mm radiator.

Please note that I had already voided my warranty long before doing this project.

For the radiator I decided to go with Black Ice's Nemesis L-Series 280mm Stealth radiator: http://www.performance-pcs.com/black-ice-nemesis-l-series-280-stealth-radiator.html

two of Bitspower's 3/8 ID 5/8 OD matte back fittings: http://www.performance-pcs.com/fittings-connectors/bitspower-g1-4-black-matte-compression-fitting-cc3-ultimate-for-id-3-8-od-5-8.html 

and two140mm EKWB Vardar F2 fans to finish it off.

I started by removing the tubes from the old radiator, and quite unsurprisingly it was aluminum.

_MG_1146.thumb.JPG.0bb39319941360a037d997b9759f7786.JPG

Next I took the pump/waterblock apart so I could remove the tubes and flush them and the waterblock seperately._MG_1128.thumb.JPG.386c71e2f7a77a62cd9e86f9471a3840.JPG

@For Science! warned me that bleeding this thing would be a pain in the ass. They were correct.

I had to fill the radiator, then mount the tubes to it and fill those on the radiator, and then fill the waterblock and jankily push it back onto the filled tubes without loosing too much water from the components while pushing them together.

I finally got all the bubbles out, did a super sketch mod to my S340 so I could mount the radiator before the fans and BAM it's done!

But I have to post the picture in the next post because my camera takes ~6.2MB imgaes :P

Here it is in all its glory:

_MG_1139.thumb.JPG.fb7ce5917b3d437aaecc5a6ba6bd8d99.JPG

It keeps my FX 8350 just as cold as it used to but at much lower RPMs than the old fans.

Overall I'm very happy with this mod.

Pretty good but I hope the warranty was over

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

Pretty good but I hope the warranty was over

I voided the warranty before my first year of owning it was over.

The pump had stopped, and I needed to use my PC, so I took it apart and unstuck it, that's when I learned how cheaply these things were made.

I will always regret buying this cooler and not an NZXT watercooler or other brand that makes better AIOs for the amount of money I spent.

Looks good. Out of interest, how did you connect the new hose to the block/pump? Is that using the existing fittings on it?

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 minutes ago, porina said:

Looks good. Out of interest, how did you connect the new hose to the block/pump? Is that using the existing fittings on it?

Thanks!

I never changed out the hose, I had removed the carbon fiber look-alike from the tubing about half a year before doing this mod.

2 minutes ago, Alec M said:

Thanks!

I never changed out the hose, I had removed the carbon fiber look-alike from the tubing about half a year before doing this mod.

Oops, I mis-read the OP and thought you had got new tube, it was actually fittings. I think I like the looks of it more. I have similar and it is look a bit tatty now, as I got some thermal compound on it...

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

Oops, I mis-read the OP and thought you had got new tube, it was actually fittings. I think I like the looks of it more. I have similar and it is look a bit tatty now, as I got some thermal compound on it...

It's insanely easy to remove, though I think some part of it may keep the pipe on the radiator fittings.

3 hours ago, Alec M said:

I will always regret buying this cooler and not an NZXT watercooler or other brand that makes better AIOs for the amount of money I spent.

Unfortunately all companies use essentially the same pump and circuitry from Asetek. the fancy RGb isn't going to put you in any better shape.

Good job you managed to got it to work again. perhaps for future r3ference you can submerge your radiator and the input tube into coolant, run the pump so that all the air escapes and seal the AIO underwater to get a perfect seal.

Obviously wear nitrite gloves since ethylene glycol is mildly toxic.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:16 PM, For Science! said:

Obviously wear nitrite gloves since ethylene glycol is mildly toxic.

I didn't know that, Thanks for informing me.