New PC for school

Looking for reccomendations on a new PC for schoolwork -- web browsing, productivity (Word, Excel, etc) and programming. Although, integrated graphics would be a let down. My budget is around $700, but it can be pushed. The laptop is required to at least have 4 hours of battery life. Thank you ahead of time for any suggestions! :)

Just now, Colexd said:

so.. PC or laptop?

laptops are still PCs? but yes laptop

Why would an iGPU be a letdown? Only reason for that would be if you want to game on it.

Also battery life is going to be dictated by what u use the laptop for during that time. 

What is the minimum storage you will need on the laptop?

How large does the screen needs to be?

What connectivity do you need? (maybe even Bluray/DVD?)

You'll need to be a bit more specific and what u need. Because there are alot of different laptops around :D

9 hours ago, Dujith said:

Why would an iGPU be a letdown? Only reason for that would be if you want to game on it.

Also battery life is going to be dictated by what u use the laptop for during that time. 

What is the minimum storage you will need on the laptop?

How large does the screen needs to be?

What connectivity do you need? (maybe even Bluray/DVD?)

You'll need to be a bit more specific and what u need. Because there are alot of different laptops around :D

CS:GO needs to be run occasionally at 60+fps for a school project. Battery life needs to be 4 hours while running VS or Word or chrome.

It needs at the very minimum 250gb, but 500gb is preffered. The screen doesnt need to be too large, but I am quite keen to around 17" laptops as that was the size I am used to. Bluray and DVD is not needed. It needs at least two USB ports.

For that price you can get a 15 or 17 inch with a 128GB ssd paired with a 500 or 1TB HDD

Problem will be the GPU, an Intel 620 will run CS:GO at 60+ @ medium settings but if you want anything stronger then that it will drive the price up quite a bit.

Keep in mind that 17 inch is large for a normal laptop and most will be 15 inch

1 hour ago, smore said:

CS:GO needs to be run occasionally at 60+fps for a school project.

o.O

wow, interesting school.

I recommend:

IGPU + 15,6 cm screen display is enough, definitely not larger.