noob needs help

noobATpcstuf

what AIO shud i get for a FM2+ / A10 7700k ??? can someone help me only got $60 to spend

For 60 USD you should rather be looking into a good air cooler, like the Be Quiet Shadow Rock or Scythe's similar offerings. Way better bang for buck than a 60 USD AIO

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 minutes ago, Minibois said:

For 60 USD you should rather be looking into a good air cooler, like the Be Quiet Shadow Rock or Scythe's similar offerings. Way better bang for buck than a 60 USD AIO

I have a BeQuiet case, which includes their Silent Wings fans. I can't recommend them enough.

With the difference variants of the Shadow Rock, you can either spend:

$43 - Shadow Rock LP (Low Profile Cooler)

$50 - Shadow Rock Slim

$52 - Shadow Rock 2 (There's also a second listing for $50 for this).

Pick which one you prefer for price and style. Also, the price will vary depending which TDP you choose, but the A10 7700k is only a 95W TDP.

EDIT: If you are happy with a lower TDP rated cooler (The lowest for the Shadow Rock is around 120W, which is still more than enough for your A10 7700k (95W), then the price can drop even more, to around $33.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

8 minutes ago, Ezzy-525 said:

I have a BeQuiet case, which includes their Silent Wings fans. I can't recommend them enough.

With the difference variants of the Shadow Rock, you can either spend:

$43 - Shadow Rock LP (Low Profile Cooler)

$50 - Shadow Rock Slim

$52 - Shadow Rock 2 (There's also a second listing for $50 for this).

Pick which one you prefer for price and style. Also, the price will vary depending which TDP you choose, but the A10 7700k is only a 95W TDP.

EDIT: If you are happy with a lower TDP rated cooler (The lowest for the Shadow Rock is around 120W, which is still more than enough for your A10 7700k (95W), then the price can drop even more, to around $33.

I got another 140mm Silent Wings as a case fan and I'm very happy with it. Thinking of fitting my PC with some more :D

I also have a Dark Rock 3 which also has one on it and it does very well.

Can recommend Be Quiet very well.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Single rad AIOs are only good choice if you have size restrictions or some weird looks fetish. For that money you get some really good air coolers that kick any AIO out of water.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

for $60 you can get a signifcantly better air cooler than any aio of the same price.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

so non of you guys know to a10 7700k then it runs hot as f 

ye just a bit need to keep the tep under 70.c 

and i think the apu and my gpu can you in crossfire dont know but going to look that up 

1 hour ago, noobATpcstuf said:

ye just a bit need to keep the tep under 70.c 

and i think the apu and my gpu can you in crossfire dont know but going to look that up 

Shouldn't matter. You still get better value from air cooler in that price range. You can get coolers like Dark Rock 3, H5 and maybe U14S (it might be bit more). Which all are better than single rad AIO you could get for that, maybe H60 at best.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

not got room for a good air cooler tho what aio wood you guys say is good under $100

6 hours ago, noobATpcstuf said:

not got room for a good air cooler tho what aio wood you guys say is good under $100

How much room do you have?

imo putting a $100 AIO on a $50 CPU is kinda crazy. There are excellent low profile air coolers like the Noctua NH-C14 or Thermaltake's AXP-200 for $60-70. But then you'd still have a cooler that's more expensive than the CPU

Why not save a bit more and upgrade to Ryzen R3?

7 hours ago, noobATpcstuf said:

H80i is only good 120mm AIO I know. But I know mostly air cooler (and @TheRandomness decided this was place for asking about AIOs...). What case? There are still ton of coolers which fit smaller cases. Like you could get D14 into 160mm restricted case.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

54 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

H80i is only good 120mm AIO I know. But I know mostly air cooler (and @TheRandomness decided this was place for asking about AIOs...). What case? There are still ton of coolers which fit smaller cases. Like you could get D14 into 160mm restricted case.

Because all of the responses at the time were or air coolers. Guess I didn't read the OP :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

so you guys are saying aio are only good if they are 240mm ? 

and mi slowly upgrading mi pc bit bi bit bit mi whating to mack a sleeper so the cooling is bad well the air flow is 

16 hours ago, noobATpcstuf said:

so you guys are saying aio are only good if they are 240mm ? 

and mi slowly upgrading mi pc bit bi bit bit mi whating to mack a sleeper so the cooling is bad well the air flow is 

We are saying at your price point air coolers are just better. But if you indeed have size issues, I won't argue.

BTW, your posts are getting harder to understand. I hope it isn't some disabling condition going worse.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv