Extending home Wi-Fi

_Grid21

So I have an Arris surfboard router and an Apple Airport Express. I have done all the optimization I can do to make my 5Ghz really fast, but I've also noticed I have some signal strength issues. I know that the Apple Airport express can create, extend, and join a network, but when I tried to create a network, I noticed that suddenly my wireless devices starting having issues connecting to both wireless networks. I don't want to hook up a second router and try doing a DHCP split because that's a headache. So does anyone here have a Apple Airport Express and know how to set it up to extend or create a network without having connectivity issues? 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

So can anyone help me with this and what I am trying to do?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

On 8/6/2017 at 8:30 PM, Josh_Grid21 said:

So I have an Arris surfboard router and an Apple Airport Express. I have done all the optimization I can do to make my 5Ghz really fast, but I've also noticed I have some signal strength issues. I know that the Apple Airport express can create, extend, and join a network, but when I tried to create a network, I noticed that suddenly my wireless devices starting having issues connecting to both wireless networks. I don't want to hook up a second router and try doing a DHCP split because that's a headache. So does anyone here have a Apple Airport Express and know how to set it up to extend or create a network without having connectivity issues? 

When I did something similar. I hooked the second router up via LAN to the LAN of the main router. I assigned an IP address to the second router outside the address range of the first router. I also disabled NAT, DHCP, and the firewall on the second router. This means the first router will handle IP address assignments. 

To make this clear, Ive never used an Apple router, so I dont know how to do all this in their firmware. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.