Adobe Premiere Pro Imported Video's Audio Out of Sync

I am just starting off with using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017, and straight away I run into an issue. I tried to import some footage recorded with GeForce Experience and the audio is out of sync in both the preview and when I put it in the timeline, seems to get worse the later in the footage you go (it gets continually behind the video). I saw something online about "variable frame-rate" with the footage causing this and that I can use the software Handbrake to fix the footage (but I don't know what to do in the software to resolve that). Anyone able to provide some pointers?

I also have Adobe Media Encoder which I could use if that would help.

System Specs:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - MAXIMUS IX HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Toshiba - 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit 

Sony Vegas also has this problem; the fix it to basically separate both of the tracks (video and audio) and then move the audio left and right accordingly. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

Just now, Jasun said:

Sony Vegas also has this problem; the fix it to basically separate both of the tracks (video and audio) and then move the audio left and right accordingly. 

It's not that it's out of sync by being shifted over, it gets more behind the video the further into the video you go. Thanks though.

22 minutes ago, CaptainMike47 said:

It's not that it's out of sync by being shifted over, it gets more behind the video the further into the video you go. Thanks though.

probably a problem with GFE or your settings.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

55 minutes ago, CaptainMike47 said:

I am just starting off with using Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017, and straight away I run into an issue. I tried to import some footage recorded with GeForce Experience and the audio is out of sync

The problem you're running into is that Premiere Pro does not currently (nor is there any hint they will in the future) properly support Variable Frame Rate (VFR) footage.  And that's all you're going to get out of GFE's Share application.  NVidia has, thus far, refused to add a checkbox to force Constant Frame Rate (CFR) output, so you're left with the trash footage that Share can produce.

You have 2 options assuming you want to continue using the NVENC hardware on your GPU to encode the gaming videos:

1.  Transcode the resulting footage from Share into a CFR file by running it through an application like Handbrake.  I've not used Handbrake in the past so I can't guide you on that.  I'm sure there are lots of HOW-TOs online for it though.  Ultimately you want the output of that to be CFR, which should play and sync properly in Pr.

2.  Stop using Share and instead use OBS Studio.  Really, anyone even remotely serious about recording or streaming their game play shouldn't be using GFE.  Install OBS, learn how to make it use the NVENC hardware, and tell it to write a CFR file.  That should import perfectly into Pr.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

15 hours ago, jasonvp said:

The problem you're running into is that Premiere Pro does not currently (nor is there any hint they will in the future) properly support Variable Frame Rate (VFR) footage.  And that's all you're going to get out of GFE's Share application.  NVidia has, thus far, refused to add a checkbox to force Constant Frame Rate (CFR) output, so you're left with the trash footage that Share can produce.

You have 2 options assuming you want to continue using the NVENC hardware on your GPU to encode the gaming videos:

1.  Transcode the resulting footage from Share into a CFR file by running it through an application like Handbrake.  I've not used Handbrake in the past so I can't guide you on that.  I'm sure there are lots of HOW-TOs online for it though.  Ultimately you want the output of that to be CFR, which should play and sync properly in Pr.

2.  Stop using Share and instead use OBS Studio.  Really, anyone even remotely serious about recording or streaming their game play shouldn't be using GFE.  Install OBS, learn how to make it use the NVENC hardware, and tell it to write a CFR file.  That should import perfectly into Pr.

Thanks, that sounds like a good permanent solution for me. I suppose I can re-record the footage I took too this time since for once it's not gameplay footage (normally for me is either gameplay or desktop recording), I needed to record some clips from a film for a project I'm working on.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if you found a fix to this problem yet.  I know that I had the exact same issue.  When you record there are quite a few devices on the market that record in what is called a variable frame rate method.  You can fix it by following the video tutorial below.

https://youtu.be/yaIyIw6sWP0