In search for an unnamed device for audible.com?

filipcro

I need a device that has the following functions, as the title suggests it would be mainly used for listening audio books:

-it displays clock like this

big-alarm-clock-1.jpg

-it runs off electricity plugged directly into wall socket, not off battery

-it has adequate speakers

-it has alarm

-it is small, or not big

-you can plug a USB memory stick in it and it recognizes various audio formats which are then displayed on the screen

Has anyone seen such a device, does it even exist?

Its likely to have bad speakers if i can find it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I can't recall ever seeing a device with the specific needs you are listing, but you might want to consider buying an android device; keep it plugged in, run an app for the clock and alarm and make sure it has support for USB devices via OTG. Maybe a Nexus 7 (2013), great speakers and there are cases with stands so it can stand next to you. It'll also allow you to connect wireless headphones and what not so that you can listen to your books while walking around. This solution might be a bit expensive for what you're going to use it for though...

Cheers,

Linus

I vaguely remember Linus posting videos about portable speakers, do any of them have any extra functionality?