PC won't post with GPU in PCI-E slot

Vscrl

I've got a MSI B350M gaming pro board with ryzen 7 installed and keep getting cpu error on the motherboard debug led. I've isolated the problem to my gpu being plugged into the pci e slot. Boots normally without gpu in (according to debug leds error stops at VGA which is normal if the gpu is not installed). This R9 Fury X worked fine in previous system(just tested). I RMAd the last mobo with the same issue and it has persisted.

Also, another strange issue is that the power switch will turn the pc on but will not be able to power it off when the gpu is seated. Works fine otherwise. This means I have to keep yanking the power cord when tying to isolate the issue. 

PSU is a 650w Seasonic G series. Have tried a known working EVGA 550W psu and it did not fix the issue.

mS9sefT.jpg

SErJTnV.jpg

Tried CMOS clear?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

sounds almost like the power supply doesn't have adequate power to push the hardware 

6 minutes ago, viperchr said:

sounds almost like the power supply doesn't have adequate power to push the hardware 

It's a Seasonic 650w. I've got an evga 550w sitting here. Going to try swapping them to see if it fixes the issue

Tried 2 PSUs. One known to work. Same issues.

3 minutes ago, Vscrl said:

Tried 2 PSUs. One known to work. Same issues.

could be the motherboard 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Just now, glitchmaster0001 said:

could be the motherboard 

2 in a row? This is my second one with the same issue.

Just now, Vscrl said:

2 in a row? This is my second one with the same issue.

have you tried swapping the video card for another one? or tried different ram, CPU?

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

have you tried swapping the video card for another one? or tried different ram, CPU?

I'm having a friend come by with a spare gpu. If their gpu fixes the issue what does this mean? Why wouldn't mine work on this particular mobo?

2 hours ago, Vscrl said:

I'm having a friend come by with a spare gpu. If their gpu fixes the issue what does this mean? Why wouldn't mine work on this particular mobo?

it could mean that your GPU has issues. Try putting your GPU into his PC to confirm. 

Hmm. It's likely the ram since it isn't on the compatibility list for my mobo. Will update... Now RMAing ram.

1 minute ago, Vscrl said:

Hmm. It's likely the ram since it isn't on the compatibility list for my mobo. Will update... Now RMAing ram.

what ram do you have in it?

1 hour ago, Vscrl said:

Even if RAM isn't on the compatibility list that doesn't mean it wont work. Take the GPU out and try to use an IGPU if you can, or a card like the GT610, wont run into power issues on that lol. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

5 hours ago, viperchr said:

what ram do you have in it?

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400 many reports of it not working with many ryzen mobos

Ram and gpu have both been changed out and the error persists. I must assume either user error or a defective cpu.