Best gaming ssd

MikeDev
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Agreed,getting the 840 evo

But, i wasnt sure if it would affect the fps

Unless you're loading absurdly large textures, a ssd won't affect fps.

whatever you can find to fit the size and price you can afford wont affect fps but will reduce load times

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

1) SSD does not improve FPS, but loading times. Try playing Skyrim on a HDD and then load it onto a SSD and sit there with your mouth open as it flies ;)

2) The EVO drives from Samsung are generally the best value drives around and some of the best performing as well. Plus that they come with a metric button of software to install with them :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Try playing Skyrim on a HDD and then load it onto a SSD and sit there with your mouth open as it flies ;)

First world problems: Can't read the hints on the loading screen :(

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

1) SSD does not improve FPS, but loading times. Try playing Skyrim on a HDD and then load it onto a SSD and sit there with your mouth open as it flies ;)

2) The EVO drives from Samsung are generally the best value drives around and some of the best performing as well. Plus that they come with a metric button of software to install with them :)

First world problems: Can't read the hints on the loading screen :(

That is why I recommend playing the game on a HDD first ;) Then you can learn everything about Skyrim and take a lot of coffee breaks ^^

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Unless you're loading absurdly large textures, a ssd won't affect fps.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.