Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

7800X loses in gaming to a 6800K at the same speeds

I actually just watch a Hardware Unbox review showing the 6900k is beating the 7820x on every gaming as well, funny to think about.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

I actually just watch a Hardware Unbox review showing the 6900k is beating the 7820x on every gaming as well, funny to think about.

I read a new Polish review today checking just that, if you want to browse through the benchmarks here's the link: https://www.purepc.pl/procesory/test_procesora_intel_core_i77800x_szesciordzeniowy_skylakex?page=0,10

It's in Polish but benchmarks are a universal language :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

5 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

It does not, the difference is within margin of error, my locked i7 did always what? 3 or 4 fps less then 4,8ghz i7 7700k I'm sorry but 3 fps is not worth paying the double for z chipset, expensive cooling and delid.

People need to quit this thought that OC is a must, it is nothing but marketing to give Intel more free money, it makes absolute no sense in the mainstream platform any more, you pay the double for no more than 5%ish percent increase and no it doesn't add life span to the chip at all, if any thing doing my way you can upgrade to better solutions sooner and walk all over the OC'ed older chip.

I'm a member of HWBot and a contributer, so.... Overclocking is the whole point for me and it's fun. My CPU runs 1GHz extra over the baseclock (4.2GHz) but only 700MHz over boost, that is still a lot, but not every i7 7700K can hit 5.2GHz. Note; You to be assuming gaming. there are many other uses for the CPU than gaming. Rendering and such, something I don't do that much but have done and occasionally do, gains an extra 1/5 performance, that's still a lot. Sure you pay for it but fuck it, the high end is still the same price, the only thing that's changed is the low end no longer sucks balls, before you used to have to buy high end for competent performances. In games, eh not so much, as you said 3 extra FPS is not much but that's assuming 60Hz, if you move higher refresh rates the CPU quickly becomes a bottle neck but it isn't like 120/144/165/240Hz displays are all that cheap. 

Yours faithfully

5 hours ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Oh please do keep in mind I am taking solely from the "make the most out of your money standpoint" I am well aware that are overclocking hobbyists, I am not here to argue user experiences, I'm simply stating that to some people that are not as well informed as us they are often falling for the whole "overclock the i5" over getting a locked i7 which is a classical mistake for instance...

I am trying to explain to people who are not all that hobbyist as yourself that the extra money you pay is not needed should that not be your deal, there are other ways around.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

16 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Oh please do keep in mind I am taking solely from the "make the most out of your money standpoint" I am well aware that are overclocking hobbyists, I am not here to argue user experiences, I'm simply stating that to some people that are not as well informed as us they are often falling for the whole "overclock the i5" over getting a locked i7 which is a classical mistake for instance...

I am trying to explain to people who are not all that hobbyist as yourself that the extra money you pay is not needed should that not be your deal, there are other ways around.

equally the OP might be in the opposite came that he doesn't care about price (I doubt it though) but overclocked systems are still faster, even if only by a small percent, different people, different goals I guess.

Yours faithfully