Vancouver, BC bans door knobs

Skull Leader

My place of work uses keycards and I really hate them, they never work. I wish they'd replace it with technology like contactless or NFC.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Chips embedded in us that can detect where we are?

That doesn't sound suspicious at all...

If only there were some kind of device that detected motion and opened the door when someone got near...

More then likely RFID chips, that can be used to scan yourself into doors, but instead of being implanted as they currently are in IDs, Passports, Credit Cards and the like, they would be inside us, and would be able to be "keyed" as it were to open a door that the owner allowed it to open.

Are automatic doors with mats and sensors too mainstream now to open a door with no hands? Freaking hipsters.

We're talking private homes here... Would you want such a device installed on your front door? I know I wouldn't at all. 

Well damn im in trouble with the law now. Hope the rcmp dont drive by and see my DOORKNOB.

Vancouver is a dangerous place to enjoy doorknobs and I will be an outlaw if it means to have a cool steel ball that is turned to open my door.

Paintball meet up KD 7(8?)/1 + one capture 

dat duckface doe 

Are door knobs the weird things where door handles should be in some American TV shows? I thought those were for comedic effect.

Same with people wearing shoes inside the house.

These are real things that really exist???? SUMMON THE FIRE

Well damn im in trouble with the law now. Hope the rcmp dont drive by and see my DOORKNOB.
Vancouver is a dangerous place to enjoy doorknobs and I will be an outlaw if it means to have a cool steel ball that is turned to open my door.

Mahaah best post of the day.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

The ban of doorknobs in Vancouver was likely due to form & character (aesthetics) and accessibility (e.g. disabled, seniors). Small changes of buildings and structures change the feel of the community. For example, Whistler would not have its craftsmen look and feel and Downtown Vancouver would not have be dome shaped and have its green glass building.

The form and character of a community are important as they each community a unique feel and sense of place (belonging). In short, things such as the ban of doorknobs help build the character and belonging of a community. However, I do agree that the ban of doorknobs is a bit silly beyond the accessibility concern.

Personally, I think that everyone should have the equal ability to express themselves in their community as an individual and citizen if it does not interfere with the public health, social need, economics, history, environment, the future, sustainability, or the public good. Any changes also need to reaches a consensus (or try too) and consider that community building ("development") is culturally relative.

Source: urban geography student.

Door knobs are sexy...

God dammit. You beat me to it.

I was going to say "oh crap, this will make it harder to find pictures of Asian women licking doorknobs".

post-216-0-47185500-1385822163_thumb.jpgpost-216-0-52959200-1385822175_thumb.jpgpost-216-0-36590800-1385822184_thumb.jpgpost-216-0-24332000-1385822194.jpgpost-216-0-32307200-1385822200.jpgpost-216-0-64485700-1385822316.jpg

Doorhandles are just not the same thing...

No but seriously, I agree with Linus on this. Doorhandles are superior, but banning doorknobs in private homes makes no sense.

God dammit. You beat me to it.

I was going to say "oh crap, this will make it harder to find pictures of Asian women licking doorknobs".

attachicon.gif5k991 - Imgur.jpgattachicon.gifb5Ya1 - Imgur.jpgattachicon.gifIFEND - Imgur.jpgattachicon.gifoLQ6D - Imgur.jpgattachicon.gifQhZkz - Imgur.jpgattachicon.gif6HwAD - Imgur.jpg

Doorhandles are just not the same thing...

No but seriously, I agree with Linus on this. Doorhandles are superior, but banning doorknobs in private homes makes no sense.

What the F#ck? :huh:

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1