New pc Build

Veltn

I plan to build a new pc for editing streaming and gaming but i cant seem to decide which cpu to go threadripper or i9 and i really cant decide but i have been leaning to thread ripper but this is the build and if you wonder for the intel version its the exactly the same expect the mobo is x299 and the cpu is i9 7900x https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HgNgM8

Also if you wonder for my budget its 3500 dollars including the tax so far this build is 3400+ dollars

Get threadripper and wait on vega.

The geek himself.

really cause i can pre order right now but idk whats its gaming performance will be like

Just now, Veltn said:

really cause i can pre order right now but idk whats its gaming performance will be like

Its good. It's cheaper. It's worth it.

The geek himself.

Just now, Being Delirious said:

Its good. It's cheaper. It's worth it.

You can't say that yet, though I am sure, and I hope, that threadripper isn't a disappointment.

Just now, Vespertine said:

You can't say that yet, though I am sure, and I hope, that threadripper isn't a disappointment.

I can say that, I watched it lol.

The geek himself.

well from what some of the youtubers said they will release performance and benchmarks reviews very soon i hope its within the next 7 days

2 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

I can say that, I watched it lol.

also those are amd benchmarks you got to take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt since they said the same with ryzen but it didnt hit all the marks

dont get me wrong it hit quite a few marks but you can expect everything they tell you without third party reviews

whoa whoa whoa.

if you have a budget for an i9, and you want gaming performance, why are you looking at Threadripper?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

whoa whoa whoa.

if you have a budget for an i9, and you want gaming performance, why are you looking at Threadripper?

im looking into a thread ripper cause this is both a gaming rig and editing and streaming rig and maybe a content creation rig later on so i have to looks for best possible cpu

Just now, Veltn said:

im looking into a thread ripper cause this is both a gaming rig and editing and streaming rig and maybe a content creation rig later on so i have to looks for best possible cpu

question still stands.

the i9 has a much higher clock speed than thread ripper, and has a LOT more overclocking potential, which will benefit you immensely in gaming. Those 10 OC'd cores will also perform like a BEAST just as the 16-core threadripper will in multi-core processes when you start editing.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

14 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

whoa whoa whoa.

Because he also wants to stream and Threadripper has higher clocks

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, JDE said:

Because he also wants to stream and Threadripper has higher clocks

really? Threadripper can OC to 4.8GHz on all cores?

wow... 

System specs:

Just now, knightslugger said:

really? Threadripper can OC to 4.8GHz on all cores?

wow... 

Talking about base clocks. 3.4GhZ vs 3.3GhZ. Plus the turbo on the threadripper isn't that bad, at 4.0GhZ. I bet you could overclock higher. Maybe not that high, but higher. Add on the 12 more threads and it's clearly better

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Know this as well guys we have no idk how much a thread ripper can oc yet so you shouldn't make assumption yet till we get third party reviews

Just now, JDE said:

Talking about base clocks. 3.4GhZ vs 3.3GhZ. Plus the turbo on the threadripper isn't that bad, at 4.0GhZ. I bet you could overclock higher. Maybe not that high, but higher. Add on the 12 more threads and it's clearly better

Hey, thread ripper will outperform the 7900X in heavy multi-threaded workloads. no question. I'm not saying it isn't, but for GAMING which is HEAVILY clock speed dependant, the i9 is the better choice, by about 800 MHz.

System specs:

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

question still stands.

the i9 has a much higher clock speed than thread ripper, and has a LOT more overclocking potential, which will benefit you immensely in gaming. Those 10 OC'd cores will also perform like a BEAST just as the 16-core threadripper will in multi-core processes when you start editing.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1457-ryzen-7-vs-core-i7-octa-core/page2.html

I wouldn't say immensely. even look at this 

Average.png

Just now, knightslugger said:

Hey, thread ripper will outperform the 7900X in heavy multi-threaded workloads. no question. I'm not saying it isn't, but for GAMING which is HEAVILY clock speed dependant, the i9 is the better choice, by about 800 MHz.

He is also streaming and editing.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

Just now, Veltn said:

Know this as well guys we have no idk how much a thread ripper can oc yet so you shouldn't make assumption yet till we get third party reviews

it's two ryzen 1800x's on one die. i'll drop it now, place your bets gentlemen: CB15 score of 3200 +/- 50.

System specs:

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

yeah the difference isn't that big at all. it would be such a waste to get the one over the other for the better gaming performance that is honestly minimal at best.

3 minutes ago, JDE said:

He is also streaming and editing.

and because he's streaming GAMES, the i9 is the better choice for it based on clock speeds and OC headroom. that is the ONLY reason to choose the 7900X over the 1950X

System specs:

7 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

and because he's streaming GAMES, the i9 is the better choice for it based on clock speeds and OC headroom. that is the ONLY reason to choose the 7900X over the 1950X

the clock speeds on the 8 core and 6 core are high but still have crap gaming performance compared to the 7700k even when at the same frequency so I would say the clock speed argument is bad. you are going to see minimal difference in gaming performance and a big difference if this trend continues with the 10 core.

But wasn't the ryzen 7 better at streaming over the i7 and the only difference was the clock speed and core by that I mean lower clock speed more cores

Just now, Veltn said:

But wasn't the ryzen 7 better at streaming over the i7 and the only difference was the clock speed and core by that I mean lower clock speed more cores

you wont have an issue with streaming with the 10 core because it has enough cores to game and stream. that being said for video editing and content creation the 16 core thread ripper will destroy the 10 core while I don't think the 10 core will be all that better in gaming performance. the 7700k had a hard time with streaming because it didn't ha enough multi-threaded performance to stream while gamine because of it only being a 4 core vs an 8 core.