Dual monitor settings reset after reboot.

Hi there.

Soooo, I have decided to buy additional monitor and plug it into my gaming rig. 

Issue is simple, when i set everything i want as i want it, its all fine and cool. But after reboot, everything goes back to original settings, except of resolution.

My left hand side monitor is by default a secondary monitor and its pluged into hdmi port in graphics card. The right hand side monitor is by default primary and its pluged into display port to vga adapter as the monitor itself is a crapy 35 pounds (money) amazon warehouse deal, just for being here to play video or websites ect. 

What i did, i switched the primary and secondary settings in Nvidia controll panel, set all my icons wherever i want them to be and gg.

Next thing i know after turning my pc on the next day is that all stuff is moved into the right hand side monitor(the crapy one) where i set it to be on the left hand side.

My specs:

CPU-AMD FX8350

MOBO-Gigabyte GA-990X

RAM-Single DDR3 8GB module (HyperX) 1600mhz

GPU-Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 OC 6GB GDDR5

PSU-EVGA Gold 650w

It's a budget gaming rig so it is what it is :)

If anyone had similar issue or know how to prevent settings to reset, please give us a shout.

I have also ordered a DVI cable just to check if that helps (as dvi is 3rd and 4th port on my GPU, where DP is first and HDMI is second)

MAny thanks ;]

Described issue might have few causes.

First - good decision to test out other cable, You will exclude hardware problem (I belive cable can be only thing from HW department which may cause such symptoms) 

Second - have You tried to set Primary/Secondary in Windows settings? Not in NVIDIA Control panel?

Third - what about drivers, are they newest? 

Thanks MIKEsome for response.

I have ordered DVI cable and that seemed to solve the issue, DP to VGA adapter aint the best of options i could have choose. What i think happen is DP to VGA connected monitor mus have start up first and snap all the icons from the HDMI monitor what was exactly the issue i was trying to resolve. 

Thanks for help and the topic can be closed.