Wait for AMD Navi?

I'm thinking of building an AMD build for gaming/content creation and AMD is gonna release AMD Navi later during H2 2018.
Should I wait or can I just go with a VEGA card for 1440p@144fps and be completely fine (If the cards can handle it when we get to see reviews from third party reviewers)?

I'm gonna build my new rig late 2017/early 2018.

Regards, Joro

Depends when you decide to actually buy parts and build your PC. If it ends up being somewhere around spring/summer of 2018 you mind as well wait.

it wont blow your socks off. just build one now out of a ryzen 1700 or a threadripper.

or maybe ask when you ACTUALLY plan to build the thing.

you're waiting either way which makes this a stupid conversation.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Planning a build for  next year is not a very great idea, since Its going to be a very long time (upwards of almost two years) before we will most likely see anything from AMD Gpu's that are not the budget oriented. 

No. If you already have a freesync display then you should just get a Vega 56 now, sell it later and then Navi.

If you don't have a freesync display or one that didn't cost too much, just use Nvidia. Not sure why people don't just mix and match (I have an AMD processor, an Nvidia gpu and an intel ssd)

-------

Current Rig

-------