Need help finding a 2-4u server case for gaming.

Hi, I was on amazon and was looking at some server cases. I want to buy one of them and make a gaming rig out of it. Which one would you recommend? Note: I am using a GTX 1060 6GB GPU.

The only thing, I want to know is if. It will fit my GPU and some network cards.

Link- https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-Chassis-Rackmount-Computer-RSV-2600/dp/B00EW0K8LU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501561969&sr=8-2&keywords=2u+server+case

Link- https://www.amazon.com/iStarUSA-Server-Chassis-Cases-D-214-MATX/dp/B00A7NBO6E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1501561969&sr=8-4&keywords=2u+server+case

Also leave some suggestions, if you can find a better case. :D

23 minutes ago, Talkativetech said:

-snip-

Any particular reason why you want a server chassis? It doesn't really make sense without a server rack / rails, though you can ghetto rig some furniture (some ikea rack) as a server rack.

2U chassis don't usually support full size GPUs like the 1060 (especially the aftermarket ones), so I'd say try to get a 4U one. The Rosewill, Norco, and iStar are pretty good bang for the buck. They also kind of let you pick your own fans / PSUs.

If you want to go even deeper in the server route, I'd look up used SuperMicro servers. I've seen a fair chunk of SAS1 gen 4U servers for $199 (with the 80+ PSUs...but they are loud. You'll have to cough up more money to get the SuperMicro 80+ platinum PSU). They also kind of run loud under load (Well, these are meant for servers anyway).

I have my PC inside of a SuperMicro Server with a 80+ Gold PSU and it's going well. Oh, other downside of SuperMicro servers is that since they are kind of old, they don't really have PCIe power plugs. I kind of have a lot of molex to PCIe power splitters in my server / PC server.

I do really like the ability to effortlessly work on the servers though. No more breaking my back carrying my PC off of the desk to change something / install something. Also no need to tear up my cable management to troubleshoot a friend's hard drive / PC part.

I have a 42u server rack. It's right behind my desk. I was thinking a 4u anyway like you said, The GPU might not fit in a 2u case and that's what. I was worried about. The only reason, I am even considering this build is because this. I really hate clutter and even though. I have huge desk. I don't want to take the space.

I already have the cpu, motherboard, and pdu. Just need a case,gpu, fans, and cords. I will take a look at those cases you recommended. I just got to find away to ship them to Alaska :(