Watercooling temps seem high!

Hi

I recently took my first shot at liquidcooling and it went well, no leak so far. I'll add a picture of my setup but basicly, my temps seem really high. I EK high performance 40mm triple rad in the front as an intake and an EK high performance 40mm duel rad in the top as an exhaust for for my 540d case, there is also one af120 fan in the back that is currently an intake(to give fresh air to the duel rad at the top). my cpu temps seem to be about right at 60C with a 4.2gh/z overclock on my 3770k running on a maximus v formula that is also part of the loop. However, my gpu temps seem really high, I'm running all my fans at 1000rpm to keep the temps of my gpu's below 60C but I was hoping to be running them at 800-850rpm as quietness was the main reason I went full custom loop. If I do run my fans at 800rpm, I'm seeing temps almost 70C high and anything over about 62C causes my overclock to drop from 1084mh/z to 1054mh/z, hence why I'm running the fans at 1000rpm. Even with the fans running at 1000rpm, my temps sit at 60C in game. I think this is due to my fan configuration which in a normal case would be optimal but in the 540d all the heat from my triple rad at the front is blowing onto the graphics cards. The cards I'm running are titans overclocked to 1084mh/z but even then, was hoping for about 55C at 850rpm fan speeds. Is there anything wrong with my fan configuration or are my temps about right?

Thanks?

post-3126-0-68359100-1385669531_thumb.jp

Is your pump on?

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

60 degrees is normal, just turn down the fans and let it go up to 70 degrees

seems like it isnt, look at pump maybe its at the lowest setting?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Yeah, thats pretty high, but it doesnt seem like your blocks arent mounted correctly since the gpu temps arent that good aswell.

As above, pump on/maybe get it to work faster? (higher flow rate)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Have you bled all your rads fully? The way they are set-up they look quite difficult to bleed.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I have bled (got all the air bubbles out of my rig) by tiling my system completely upside down so that's not the issue. I'm currently running my D5 pump at about 65% as that's the loudest I'd like it to go but I'll turn it up to full speed and see if it makes a difference. I spent about an hour switching all the fans around and the temps went up not down so the fact that the triple rad was blowing onto the graphics cards isn't the issue. I'm using formula 7 nano diamond thermal company and have mad sure not to put to little or to much of it on so I don't think that's the problem. If speeding up the pump doesn't work, then I'm not sure there's much more I can do. I think it might just be that as the rads I chose are very high density, when I run my fans at low rpms, it doesn't perform that well. When I run my fans at full speed with the silent noise adapters(1250rpm) then I get 55C on the top card and 50C on the bottom which seems about right, I think!?!?!

Nice rig! You even have WD Red :)

Yeh, I had some crappy hard drive that I ripped out of an external drive and it made a loud noise non stop so I went for the red as it's fast enough, quite and it was red to match. I hid the Samsung 840 pro ssd in the back as the orange square on it didn't fit in that well, plus I had to bend the hard drive tray on the right to make room for the triple rad.

Is there anything wrong with my fan configuration or are my temps about right?

Thanks?

unless you have a deeper static pressure fan plan, that's about as quiet as it

will get. raising and lowering the pump speed is small differential (3°-5°) in

temperature maybe more on larger surface area radiators (capacity). high fin

per inch radiators really side with higher RPM fans. the narrow fins grab the

heat from the tubes, but unless the air-flow can carry it away, they just stew.

retest with 1600rpm+ and you'll notice the temperatures are a lot more livable

(unless those are SP120 QE). with standard (60mm) radiators the temps can

be edgy on low fan speed, but easily correctable with more fan speed

(SP120 PE). TTL noted on his LGA2011/Titan build thus overclocked

CPU/GPU that with low speed fans you'll see 70° CPU and 45°-50­° GPU and he

said to use the PE fans to get the lower temps.

i think the QE is just too slow. and i doubt another fan set (possibly GT-15 or

NF-F12) might have a couple of degrees of lower temps, but are as loud as the QE,

so the value trade is not there.

might want tot try without the cool fusion (MOSFET) in the loop. i'd found that the

trade-off of restriction to temps could be part of your issue, too. unless you are driving

1.8v+ on RAM and holding 2.0v on input regulation, the VRM just won't be a major

issue. one solution i used was the EK (yuck) formula block (less restriction) did have

a better impact than thought to open the flow-rate through the next connection.

just a thought.

Have you tried using both rads as intakes? Ideally your are meant to stuck in cold air from outside through your fans..

unless you have a deeper static pressure fan plan, that's about as quiet as it

will get. raising and lowering the pump speed is small differential (3°-5°) in

temperature maybe more on larger surface area radiators (capacity). high fin

per inch radiators really side with higher RPM fans. the narrow fins grab the

heat from the tubes, but unless the air-flow can carry it away, they just stew.

retest with 1600rpm+ and you'll notice the temperatures are a lot more livable

(unless those are SP120 QE). with standard (60mm) radiators the temps can

be edgy on low fan speed, but easily correctable with more fan speed

(SP120 PE). TTL noted on his LGA2011/Titan build thus overclocked

CPU/GPU that with low speed fans you'll see 70° CPU and 45°-50­° GPU and he

said to use the PE fans to get the lower temps.

i think the QE is just too slow. and i doubt another fan set (possibly GT-15 or

NF-F12) might have a couple of degrees of lower temps, but are as loud as the QE,

so the value trade is not there.

might want tot try without the cool fusion (MOSFET) in the loop. i'd found that the

trade-off of restriction to temps could be part of your issue, too. unless you are driving

1.8v+ on RAM and holding 2.0v on input regulation, the VRM just won't be a major

issue. one solution i used was the EK (yuck) formula block (less restriction) did have

a better impact than thought to open the flow-rate through the next connection.

just a thought.

I total agree with the fact that the fans need to be running at higher rpms and yes they are the quite edition sp120 fans and I'm running them with the low noise adapters on which makes them run at 1250rpm. I'm then using asus AI suite to lower then fan speeds even further to about 1000rpm. I flipped the fans back round to intake at the front and exhaust at the top as that was the best fan config for temps. I then added all four screws to each fan as I was only using two screws on each fan at first, made sure they were all tight and finally reduced the pump to 50% as the pump speed didn't make much of a difference like you said. That seemed to the the trick, now I'm seeing about the same temps of 61C max at 800rpm as I was previously getting with 1000rpm. running the fans at full speed(with the silent noise adapters on), the temps never go above 52C on the top gpu and 46C on the bottom gpu but I went liquid cooling more for quietness so I'm currently running all my fans at 800rpm with temps of 60C on the top gpu and 56C on the bottom gpu. If I was to run the Performance edition fans then I have no dought that temps would be around 45C but like I said before, I'm going for more of a silent build.

Have you tried using both rads as intakes? Ideally your are meant to stuck in cold air from outside through your fans..

When I did that, temps where lower at first but due to the only exhaust be the af120, temps just never seemed to settle and just kept increasing.