Which controllers can you recommend?

Go to solution Solved by Himommies,
1 minute ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Good to know, but as mentioned, I still don't like the layout of the analog sticks. I prefer the Playstation/Logitech layout.

Then those 2 are littrealy your only options

Hi guys!

A lot of games such as Xenoverse 2 and Rocket League, I love to play with controllers.

I've had issues with older Logitech controllers, not being supported by many games, and thus being forced to use x360ce emulator.

And sometimes, even THAT won't work!

So what do I need to search for in a controller, to make sure that it is natively supported by 99% of the games, just as the xbox 360 controller is?

-Currently I'm using SCP drivers to make my dualshock 3 (PS3 controller) work on my PC using bluetooth. (Wireless IS A MUST.)

It works great! emulates it into an Xbox 360 controller.

Reasons why I don't straight up use 360 controllers or xboxone controllers:

• Don't want to have to buy a special dongle for it. (PS3 works with ANY bluetooth dongle)
  • Don't like the layout of where the analog sticks are (used to Playstation layout)

So let me know, which wireless PC-controller you guys can recommend, and what I could search for myself.

I prefer this layout:

17361.png

As opposed to this:

3e787c3f-ea8b-4236-8600-5da8e30101ee.jpg

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Other then that there is the Steam Controller and the wiimote.The XBone controller is the best option and it uses bluetooth

My life

The new Xbox One controller can work over Bluetooth, so you do not have to buy a Bluetooth dongle if you already own one. I have the controller and I love it.

https://support.xbox.com/en-SG/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-and-troubleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues-windows-10

EDIT: oh rip lmao didnt see the part about the layout, sorry

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Other then that there is the Steam Controller and the wiimote.The XBone controller is the best option and it uses bluetooth

I guess you are referring to this one ?

wii-classic-controller-pro-big.jpg

Looks "okay", but there should be a non-branded one? cheaper.

Also steam controller and xbox one have similar layouts, which I don't like, as explained.

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |

Just now, exercutor5 said:

The new Xbox One controller can work over Bluetooth, so you do not have to buy an existing Bluetooth dongle if you already own one. I have the controller and I love it.

https://support.xbox.com/en-SG/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-and-troubleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues-windows-10

Good to know, but as mentioned, I still don't like the layout of the analog sticks. I prefer the Playstation/Logitech layout.

Just now, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

I still don't like the layout of the analog sticks.

Yeah I realised that after reading your original post again lmao.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

Seriously? There are no other brands that are just plug & play ?

Nope because Xbox pretty much has a monopoly.

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Nope because Xbox pretty much has a monopoly.

:'(

:'(

You can use A PS4 controller but it'll be a pain because it's not a xinput controller

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

You can use A PS4 controller but it'll be a pain because it's not a xinput controller

Yeah, I'll have to do it the same way as the PS3 controller, use DS4 tool or something simiar..

6 minutes ago, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

I think there's mad catz. 

But i'd rather gut my eyeballs at that point. 

Just get a Xbox One controller. Sure you may not like the layout (not really an issue though imo) but you'll not need to emulate controls and it comes in many pretty colours with the design lab. Doesn't need an adapter since it uses Bluetooth. Supported in just about every game that supports the 360 controller. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

6 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I think there's mad catz. 

But i'd rather gut my eyeballs at that point. 

Just get a Xbox One controller. Sure you may not like the layout (not really an issue though imo) but you'll not need to emulate controls and it comes in many pretty colours with the design lab. Doesn't need an adapter since it uses Bluetooth. Supported in just about every game that supports the 360 controller. 

Mad cats actually went out of business a little less than a year after the last Rockband flopped.

A smile goes much farther than the person it's meant for.

First impressions are important, it sets the stage for respect.

"If you don't know every word you don't know it!"- SGM McCray

Actually, there are a number of PC controllers that are Xinput controllers.  Logitech's modern gamepads literally feature a switch marked 'D' and 'X' to switch it between DirectInput and XInput.

This thing has Xinput

https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-Controller-Gamepad-Windows-Android/dp/B00OAYHIRA/ref=br_lf_m_8rwg6utwhpb696t_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=pc

Xinput mode on this one:

https://www.amazon.com/GameSir-Bluetooth-Wireless-Controller-Android-Smartphone/dp/B019H5II8Y/ref=br_lf_m_8rwg6utwhpb696t_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=videogames

Lots of PC gamepads with Xinput support.

https://www.amazon.com/TNP-Wireless-Gamepad-Controller-DirectInput/dp/B01EY70CI4/ref=br_lf_m_8rwg6utwhpb696t_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&s=pc

Though some seem dumb and ugly.

Personally I use the Xbox 360 wireless dongle and Xbox 360 wireless pads.  Plus some third party 360 pads like the Madcatz Fightpad for platformers or my Hori EX2 Xbox 360 arcade sticks.  But that's just personal preference.

As much as i hate consoles, I would have to choose the actual XBOX 360 controller.

on a wired set up, you can plug in a XBox chat pad and mic for in game voice chat. so you have like an actual xbox 360 set up (Tried this in Windows 10, Dunno about other OS)

When wireless

You will need an XBOX Wireless controller receiver to do this, haven't actually tried tho.

Won't happen if your using generic BT connection.

I usually blast music when gaming so it comes out on the speakers along with in-game sounds

so having voice-chat isolated on my headset (turtle Beach x12) works well for me.

22 minutes ago, freewulf said:

When wireless

You will need an XBOX receiver to do this, haven't actually tried tho.

One great thing about the Xbox 360 wireless receiver is that it's actually a really great setup.  With Logitech devices I keep hitting weirdly short range issues, both with their gamepads and wireless keyboards/mice, where things can start getting a bit spotty from like 10 feet away.  On the other hand I'm pretty sure that I could use the 360 controllers, through the walls, from the next apartment over without any issue.  ...Asside from not being able to see the screen that is.

I found a X360 Arcade controller, got the nice built in cable so no issues with Dongle or batteries and that been working perfectly for me for years. 

Might not be what you want but its cheap and easy. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

I think its because Logitech controllers are using generic BT signal but exclusive to the controller.

Whereas Xbox controller uses some kind of hybrid signal that involves RF and BT. just not sure.