MSI Gaming M7 Z270 Issues (please help)

I recently upgraded to the MSI gaming m7 with an intel 7600K and G.Skill Trident Z RGB RAM. its been a great choice so far since games that i struggled with are now running smoothly (since they were usually CPU bottlenecked). However ive come across what may be a GIGANTIC issue. so a month or two back i had to sent a Trident Z stick back as all the RGB zones died, i thought nothing of it and assumed it was just an unlucky stick. however having replaced it, the new stick has died in exactly the same way. all RGB zones dead, yet the stick does work fine. moreover now my USB ports do not provide power to my headset and mouse LEDs when shutdown (something i couldnt seem to change but it didnt bother me).

now im just worried, if G.Skill offers me a 2nd replacement stick then what should i look at to see if the mobo is shorting out or broken somewhere? i dont want to end up losing more parts.

- something to note that i cannot 100% be certain of is that both times the sticks have died the PC was left in sleep mode for a decent chunk of time, normally i use the PC daily. (this recent time i went away so i left it on sleep for near enough 2 days) in sleep mode the RGB zones on the Trident Z kits do NOT turn off. 

Have you tried other ports 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 hour ago, Billy_Mays said:

Have you tried other ports 

yeah, both times its died theyve been running 2 and 4.
but swapping to 1 & 3 didnt fix it.

External USB ports are the same. none power the LEDs to my peripherals in shutdown now. 

22 minutes ago, kieran3296 said:

yeah i both times its died theyve been running 2 and 4.
but swapping to 1 & 3 didnt fix it.

External USB ports are the same. none power the LEDs to my peripherals in shutdown now. 

Then the sticks caused a short somewhere and now the board is slowly dying try contacting Gskill to see what they can do about it

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500