How should I do my cooling setup

Mestro
Go to solution Solved by MVPernula,
3 minutes ago, ItsMestro said:

Thank you but I have a feeling that it's gonna be hard to get the radiator to reach the front of the case. Also do you think I should get some other fans for the case(and maybe the AIO Cooler) or just keep the stock fans? If so then which ones?

Seems fine:
P4950534.jpg

$_75.JPG

I would start with the stock fans and replace them if you find them too noisy and bad later down the road! :)

So I decided that I will buy myself a new PC and picked out the NZXT Noctis 450 ROG but I'm really not that experienced with diffrent cooling setups. I'm pretty sure that I wanna put an AIO cooler for the cpu, mounted in the top(although I haven't decided on which one yet so suggestions would be helpful) aswell as what fans to get for it. Then there is the included fans for the front and rear of the case but I've heard that they get quite loud at higher speeds making me wonder if it's worth to get some other fans instead. Any suggestion is helpful thanks.

Fan specs taken from NZXT's website

Fan support

Front: 2x 140/3x120mm (3 x 120mm FN V2 Case version fans included)
Top: 2x 140/3x120mm
Rear: 1x 140/120mm (1 x 140mm FN V2 Case version fans included)

Radiator support

Front 2 x 140 or 3 x 120mm
Top 2 x 140 or 3 x 120mm
Rear 1 x 140/120mm

For the best CPU temps I recommend putting the radioator on the front set as intake.

Putting it on top means you'll pass hot air through it, temps will be good still but there's a pretty significant difference in some cases.

What you want is either positive or neutral airflow.

• Positive: More intake fans than exhaust fans.
  • Neutral: Equal amount of intake and exhaust.

Which CPU cooler do you want?
I can recommend the H100i v2 or the Kraken x62 if you want performance AND good looks!

Usually 2 intakes and one exhaust is good enough. :)

4 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

For the best CPU temps I recommend putting the radioator on the front set as intake.

Putting it on top means you'll pass hot air through it, temps will be good still but there's a pretty significant difference in some cases.

What you want is either positive or neutral airflow.

• Positive: More intake fans than exhaust fans.
  • Neutral: Equal amount of intake and exhaust.

Which CPU cooler do you want?
I can recommend the H100i v2 or the Kraken x62 if you want performance AND good looks!

Usually 2 intakes and one exhaust is good enough. :)

Thank you but I have a feeling that it's gonna be hard to get the radiator to reach the front of the case. Also do you think I should get some other fans for the case(and maybe the AIO Cooler) or just keep the stock fans? If so then which ones?

3 minutes ago, ItsMestro said:

Seems fine:
P4950534.jpg

$_75.JPG

I would start with the stock fans and replace them if you find them too noisy and bad later down the road! :)

2 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Seems fine:
P4950534.jpg

$_75.JPG

Thank you very much for the help (even though the radiator is mounted in the top in the picture hehe) Have a nice day

7 minutes ago, ItsMestro said:

Thank you very much for the help (even though the radiator is mounted in the top in the picture hehe) Have a nice day

Shiiiet my bad hahah :P

You too! Lycka till med datorn :)

Just now, MVPernula said:

Shiiiet my bad hahah :P

You too! Lycka till med datorn :)

Lol svenne......