Maxed Out RAM While Idle

C.G.F.Sabre

My computer is usually running around the 80-97% range at all time, When I am playing games it is higher towards the 97% range, and while I am on chrome and listening to music it can be anywhere from 80 - 95%. I currently have 16 GB of ram running at 1333 MHz with an i7 4790k running at 4.2 GHz base. I look at task manager there are tons of different programs and when I scroll through it doesn't look like they add up to the correct number. I don't know if there are any programs that can clear it or if I just need more.

3 minutes ago, C.G.F.Sabre said:

My computer is usually running around the 80-97% range at all time, When I am playing games it is higher towards the 97% range, and while I am on chrome and listening to music it can be anywhere from 80 - 95%. I currently have 16 GB of ram running at 1333 MHz with an i7 4790k running at 4.2 GHz base. I look at task manager there are tons of different programs and when I scroll through it doesn't look like they add up to the correct number. I don't know if there are any programs that can clear it or if I just need more.

check what's using it all, it could be a memory leak but those are kinda rarer now adays. 

Yours faithfully

2 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

check what's using it all, it could be a memory leak but those are kinda rarer now adays. 

There are lots of duplicates for things like Spotify and chrome and I can't remember if they were always like that.

Ram Problems.PNG

1 minute ago, C.G.F.Sabre said:

There are lots of duplicates for things like Spotify and chrome and I can't remember if they were always like that.

Ram Problems.PNG

I have 8GB and I seem to be under less than half of it, Have you tried running mem test to look for errors, I have never encountered a memory leak before, so I'm not entirely sure if this is one, try seeing if there is a virus or some kinda RAM cache/disk going on

Screenshot (217).png

Yours faithfully

42 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

I have 8GB and I seem to be under less than half of it, Have you tried running mem test to look for errors, I have never encountered a memory leak before, so I'm not entirely sure if this is one, try seeing if there is a virus or some kinda RAM cache/disk going on

Screenshot (217).png

Seems to be working well now I ran windows memory diagnostic and now it's at 23%

Ram Solved.PNG

17 hours ago, C.G.F.Sabre said:

Seems to be working well now I ran windows memory diagnostic and now it's at 23%

Ram Solved.PNG

Well, looks like windows managed to fix what ever it was, if it happens again maybe look for a cause and then the fix, since stopping the cause ensures it won't happen again probably. 

Yours faithfully