Display Port is making me Insane

I got a Viewsonic xg2401 monitor, and its the first time im using Display Port. For some reason, when I turn the monitor off, then on again, the windows icons MOVE from their spot into another spot and leave empty gaps. This is nuts.

Also, the window position and size move when turn it off then on again.

Also, sometimes the monitor flickers a bit off and on a couple of times when I turn it on.

And I think when Catalyst finds an update for the driver, it also blinks, it could be something else tho.

I asked this in another forum and got told this:

Windows seems to hate you then. Nothing much you can do about it, but its a very believable story to me. Its definitely a software issue, where the thing goes back and forth from fucking up and going to a "fall-back" until everything is listed as "OK" by all of the parties (drivers, the OS) involved. But the driver must be really weird if windows is doing that. Now there ARE ways of fixing this if you are the person who programmed the application, but it involves all this bullshit programming trying to outsmart windows at its own game, when the good thing to do is just let windows handle it and don't ask.

t. windows API programmer

What the f*ck im supposed to do in any case? This is insanely annoying.

For the record, this is my computer:

CPU: Q6600

GPU: R7850 MSI Twin Frozr

PSU: Enermax 720W

MOBO: GA-X38-DQ6

RAM: 7GB of DDR2

What in planet hell is going on? Im tired of re-allocating my icons and screen position everytime I turn my monitor on ffs. I've never had this problem ever before. Must be the stupid Display Port.

It somehow works... icons don't seem to be moving, but the windows position still are moving.

5 hours ago, WellWhat said:

I got a Viewsonic xg2401 monitor, and its the first time im using Display Port. For some reason, when I turn the monitor off, then on again, the windows icons MOVE from their spot into another spot and leave empty gaps. This is nuts.

Also, sometimes the monitor flickers a bit off and on a couple of times when I turn it on.

And I think when Catalyst finds an update for the driver, it also blinks, it could be something else tho.

What in planet hell is going on? Im tired of re-allocating my icons and screen position everytime I turn my monitor on ffs. I've never had this problem ever before. Must be the stupid Display Port

5 hours ago, WellWhat said:

What in planet hell is going on? Im tired of re-allocating my icons and screen position everytime I turn my monitor on ffs. I've never had this problem ever before. Must be the stupid Display Port.

Please check your monitor settings, if there's any option like OSD lock , disable it. My monitor used to show weird resolution, disabling that helped. 

I would say your screen resolution is changing as part of a hand shake.

I would try this,

Go into your driver settings and manually set your res,

Then confirm in Windows screen settings,

Then see if you can also do the same with your screen itself.

It's not a race to the bottom.