In Madagascar for a year. Need storage ideas

d3sl91

Hey All,

in November my wife and I will be headed to Madagascar for a year. We will be trying to keep up with our photography as we are in madagascar, so, I need to figure out a backup plan.

We will likely be in "ok" circumstances most of the time, but that's not guaranteed. (have slow internet most of the day, electricity most of the day), But of course cannot count on either. 

So, my idea was to purchase two 1TB (possibly 2TB) USB drives. One will be our daily computer/phone/camera backup drive, and one will be our backup of the backup drive (every couple days or so).

This third drive will be kept on my person whenever possible as our "in case computers are stolen and the first backup drive is lost or damaged" drive. 

Thoughts? Reccomendations? Any way to improve this plan?

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

get SSD based external drives, it wont be cheap but if you really care about those files I think thats the safest bet.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

the wd my passport wireless pro is a great on the go drive, don't need a computer to control it, works over wifi and has an SD slot. its surprising how fast an SD card fills up when shooting RAW.

https://www.wdc.com/products/portable-storage/my-passport-wireless-pro.html#WDBVPL0010BBK-NESN

but i don't think an ssd is necessary, personally i'm a big fan of the lacie rugged drives. i own 2, an 7yo 500gb usb 2 one and a 3yo 1tb usb 3 model they both still work great.

http://www.lacie.com/gb/en/professional/rugged/

And i agree with Randomguy1911 as well as you multiple backups you should definitely also backup to the cloud whenever possible.