AX760 vs AX860

azzo

Hi guys, stuck in a dilemma here. 

The price difference between AX760 and AX 860 (No i) is $10. 

However, i never planned to go SLI, so i never think i'll need that overheard. Should i spend a little extra for that 100watts overheard? 

That extra 10$ to spend on the PSU is always good if you plan on keeping that power supply for quite a long time, especially since power supplies tend to lose power over time.

Yea I think you should spend the extra $10

Remember that just because your power supply is a higher wattage that doesn't mean it's going to be drawing more watts

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Mate it's $10 and definitely worth it 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Really $10 for 100WATTS??? that's a no brainer obviously go for it.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Yea I think you should spend the extra $10

Remember that just because your power supply is a higher wattage that doesn't mean it's going to be drawing more watts

yea but depends wich components he's using. because if it's rig has a low power consumption,getting a psu with higher wattage could reduce the efficiency of the system

yea but depends wich components he's using. because if it's rig has a low power consumption,getting a psu with higher wattage could reduce the efficiency of the system

This

Getting the low wattage supply could cause him to save >$10 in electricity bills over the higher wattage.

If he has the supply for a long time, even more so.

With the power consumption of components continuing to fall too, it would be silly to buy a higher rated supply than is necessary.

OP, if you're never gonna SLI/Xfire, I'd buy the 760W version.

It will be cheaper in electricity :)

Nooo.

If you're going single gpu, a good 550w would be plenty already. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

860 for more 10 bucks you should do it, as Ive been told inumerous times it's rather better to spend a bit more then spend a lot more after some time

CPU Intel I5-3470 4.0Ghz  Mobo  Asrock Z77 ExtremeGPU Asus HD 7870 2GB 1175/1450 Mhz Ram Corsair Vengeance 8 Gb 1600 Mhz HSF Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Case Fractal Desing Arc Midi R2 PSU Aerocool Strike-X 600w 80 + bronzer ( to be replaced ) HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB SSD Kingston Vseries 60 GB 6GB/s