Microsoft begins to integrate Android and iOS into Windows 10, starting with Android

Nowak

is this what Microsoft Continuum turned into? That's pretty sad..

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

Sharing a link? Shared clipboard?? These are some pretty high tech stuffs right here!

I was excited when I read the article, as a long time Mac and iPhone user and fairly new Windows user, I've been wanting more fluidity when I switch from between my devices. Mac and iPhone do it well, PC is kind of in its own world.

I guess they have to start somewhere, but I feel like Microsoft is serving cupcakes before they're cooked with this feature. Give us more oven time! Give us SMS at the very least! And for the love of God, could somebody at both Apple and Microsoft get together and say "Hey, let's take the iCloud for PC that we have right now, and make it so you can access all your iCloud passwords on your PC and you don't have to manually TYPE EVERY SINGLE ONE IN" (or even, you know, be able to have your passwords that are saved on Edge transfer over to Chrome... come on Microsoft, even Internet Explorer can do that).

DELETE! DELETE!

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

Silence will fall.

PSU Tier List - I keep forgetting where this is so I'm going to leave it here.

11 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

The Big Data movement is coming along smoothly. When shall we start Skynet, though?

It's already launched, the real question is when it will become self aware...

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

There was a point in time (during which windows phone was still a thing) I was thinking "why didn't they have a connected phone emulator/mirror in the W10 start menu?"

Then I made this mockup a few minutes ago and LOL'd at two internet explorers

While cool... this would be way to complicated as a GUI level experience. But if your phone support miracast, you can view and interact with your phone on your PC with the Connect app. Sadly you need to connect every time, not to mention start the app before.

4 hours ago, Macimoar said:

Sharing a link? Shared clipboard?? These are some pretty high tech stuffs right here!

I was excited when I read the article, as a long time Mac and iPhone user and fairly new Windows user, I've been wanting more fluidity when I switch from between my devices. Mac and iPhone do it well, PC is kind of in its own world.

I guess they have to start somewhere, but I feel like Microsoft is serving cupcakes before they're cooked with this feature. Give us more oven time! Give us SMS at the very least! And for the love of God, could somebody at both Apple and Microsoft get together and say "Hey, let's take the iCloud for PC that we have right now, and make it so you can access all your iCloud passwords on your PC and you don't have to manually TYPE EVERY SINGLE ONE IN" (or even, you know, be able to have your passwords that are saved on Edge transfer over to Chrome... come on Microsoft, even Internet Explorer can do that).

SMS on iPhone will not come. iOS is too locked down to allow this. Android has reply of receiving SMS so far.

As for iCloud, this is 100% Apple. Probably made on purpose to keep the better experience on Macs., even thought they can do it on PC (see other cloud services).

Apple can make an extension for Edge, if that is what you want, to do what you want to do as they have done with IE (Well, an ActiveX add-on for iE case).

Well, cool, handy. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

7 hours ago, Macimoar said:

I guess they have to start somewhere, but I feel like Microsoft is serving cupcakes before they're cooked with this feature. Give us more oven time! Give us SMS at the very least!

Has the concept of "this is in development" ever crossed your mind? 9_9

I think this is neat and the right direction. The copy/paste sync feature scares the shit out of me though. I don't exactly trust Microsoft with my data so the thought of sending every single paste I do to their servers is not exactly a pleasant thought.

16 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

You should have said this back when Windows 10 was released. As phone integration came to Windows 10 Mobile.

Still waiting for Android users to be able to send/receive SMS from their PC like it is possible on Windows 10 Mobile. Much better to type with a keyboard than with touch screen :)

I was sending SMS from my PC back when I had my Galaxy S 2. That was like 5 years ago.

Then I stopped doing it because everyone in Sweden kind of abandoned SMS and went for messaging apps which also happened to be accessible on PCs.

It was (and still isn't) built in and not quite as elegant, but the functionality as been there for a long time.