Tips for moving desktop?

Tavreth
Go to solution Solved by Hiitchy,
Just now, Tavreth said:

should I stuff it inside of my computer too? or should I not worry about the motherboard, gpu, etc.

no no no, you screwed things down for a reason, there's no reason to bubble wrap anything inside the computer!

Bubblewrap your case, bubblewrap your monitor(s), and any other hardware like your keyboard and mouse (keyboard and mouse can be wrapped together)

Just lie it down on its side, preferably the side you had it on when you were first installing the motherboard, and you should be good to go. I wouldn't worry too much unless it's tempered glass.

So does anyone got tips for moving my desktop? (like going to a lan party or something like that) As of now I just put it in the packaging that my case came in. Is there any better methods? or is that fine?

You played 2 hours to die like this?

Specs

Cpu: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6cores

Gpu: GTX 750 Ti (Zotac)

Mb: 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ (MSI)

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400

10gb Ram

Unless it's surrounded by tempered glass panels, I would just toss it in the back of my car and drive lol

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

Bubblewrap all the things.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

1 minute ago, MilfShake said:

Unless it's surrounded by tempered glass panels, I would just toss it in the back of my car and drive lol

my case does have a tempered glass side panel, and I can't really afford breaking, like anything, in, on, or around my computer

Just now, Hiitchy said:

Bubblewrap all the things.

should I stuff it inside of my computer too? or should I not worry about the motherboard, gpu, etc.

You played 2 hours to die like this?

Specs

Cpu: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6cores

Gpu: GTX 750 Ti (Zotac)

Mb: 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ (MSI)

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400

10gb Ram

if you're driving it there yourself, toss it in your car (on it side), make sure it doesnt go flying around, and you're good to go.

just dont drive like a flopping idiot and you're okay.

Just now, Tavreth said:

no no no, you screwed things down for a reason, there's no reason to bubble wrap anything inside the computer!

Bubblewrap your case, bubblewrap your monitor(s), and any other hardware like your keyboard and mouse (keyboard and mouse can be wrapped together)

Just lie it down on its side, preferably the side you had it on when you were first installing the motherboard, and you should be good to go. I wouldn't worry too much unless it's tempered glass.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

If you have HDD, remove (and number) it/them, wrap them up and carry separately.

If you have a heavy graphics card then may be worth doing that too.

Otherwise, it's just a box

----------------------------
        Weem