Masterkeys Pro M for $80?

Doughnutnator

Hi lovely people, I saw an offer for a brand new Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro M White Led with Cherry MX Reds for $80 with shipping included ($65 without shipping)

I'm wondering if it's worth it considering i'm coming from a cheap Red Dragon TKL Outemu blue keyboard.

Is the offer any good? Is the change worth the money?

Am I going to really notice the difference in quality? (my Red Dragon keyboard has a steel body, it's kinda clacky)

Or is it better to just spend some money in decent keycaps, or save for the RGB version?

Thanks.

You should notice the difference, they should be more stiffer and less shaky.

the RGB version is nice if you change your setup color. But really white is quite nice.

I would grab DSA blank keyset, or Black Blanks.

38 minutes ago, Aytex said:

You should notice the difference, they should be more stiffer and less shaky.

the RGB version is nice if you change your setup color. But really white is quite nice.

I would grab DSA blank keyset, or Black Blanks.

Hmm thanks, so keep the outemu one with new keycaps or new keyboard?

I don't really have a setup color, my gpu and mouse are rgb but most of the time they are off, I don't like flashy gamer-y stuff.

A friend says that for $80 it's not worth it and that I should look for a 60% keyboard with a separate numpad.

Thanks for your advice.

1 minute ago, Doughnutnator said:

Hmm thanks, so keep the outemu one with new keycaps or new keyboard?

I don't really have a setup color, my gpu and mouse are rgb but most of the time they are off, I don't like flashy gamer-y stuff.

A friend says that for $80 it's not worth it and that I should look for a 60% keyboard with a separate numpad.

Thanks for your advice.

The masterkeys. buy it. I was saying customize it a little more by adding PBT/Doubleshot keyset but seems like you dont want to spend that much yet.

Something with cherry and 60% is gonna cost you ~$100+ so idk what your friend is talking about

Gaterons maybe but not cherry

6 minutes ago, Aytex said:

The masterkeys. buy it. I was saying customize it a little more by adding PBT/Doubleshot keyset but seems like you dont want to spend that much yet.

Something with cherry and 60% is gonna cost you ~$100+ so idk what your friend is talking about

Gaterons maybe but not cherry

That's what I thought, I find 60% keyboards cute as hell but kinda messy.

Do you have any experience from going of blue-type switches to reds?

I like the smoothness because they feel like industrial buttons. But I don't know if their design is good or lasts more.

2 minutes ago, Doughnutnator said:

That's what I thought, I find 60% keyboards cute as hell but kinda messy.

Do you have any experience from going of blue-type switches to reds?

I like the smoothness because they feel like industrial buttons. But I don't know if their design is good or lasts more.

IMO Gaterons feel much better than cherry. The whole "offbrand china feel" is just a meme now. 

Anne pro, Magicforce 68 are pretty great gateron 60%'s

Blues are fun for a while, Then it just got annoying. RN im running cherry reds but i think ill go gateron something soon.

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

IMO Gaterons feel much better than cherry. The whole "offbrand china feel" is just a meme now. 

Anne pro, Magicforce 68 are pretty great gateron 60%'s

Blues are fun for a while, Then it just got annoying. RN im running cherry reds but i think ill go gateron something soon.

I agree with the blues. Is there any board with good quality (clean kinda looking as the masterkeys) with gaterons for decent price? Or also a compact board with the numpad, I really liked that about the Masterkeys M, because you basically have all the keys in a very compact format.

The thing I hate with non-cherry boards is that sometimes they ship with crappy keycaps with bad fonts, odd lighting and stuff like that. I already have a keyboard like that and while its fun at the start it gets annoying and cringy.

What about reds vs browns?

Just now, Doughnutnator said:

I agree with the blues. Is there any board with good quality (clean kinda looking as the masterkeys) with gaterons for decent price? Or also a compact board with the numpad, I really liked that about the Masterkeys M, because you basically have all the keys in a very compact format.

The thing I hate with non-cherry boards is that sometimes they ship with crappy keycaps with bad fonts, odd lighting and stuff like that. I already have a keyboard like that and while its fun at the start it gets annoying and cringy.

What about reds vs browns?

Browns are bearable. My friend has a masterkeys pro S with cherry browns, Typing you can feel the difference, its very minimal but thats just me.

when gaming though they just felt like mushier reds.

Overall the masterkeys is a solid keeb I would grab it for the price.

Gateron blues with a full layout, under $100

The James Donkey 619, kinda looks disgusting lol

or the Rantopad MT

they both looks nasty.

8 hours ago, Doughnutnator said:

Hi lovely people, I saw an offer for a brand new Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro M White Led with Cherry MX Reds for $80 with shipping included ($65 without shipping)

I'm wondering if it's worth it considering i'm coming from a cheap Red Dragon TKL Outemu blue keyboard.

Is the offer any good? Is the change worth the money?

Am I going to really notice the difference in quality? (my Red Dragon keyboard has a steel body, it's kinda clacky)

Or is it better to just spend some money in decent keycaps, or save for the RGB version?

Thanks.

for me cm ultimate version is better look than masterkeys edition