LF Prospective gaming build advice plz.

1. Budget & Location

$6,000 USD

2. Aim

Mostly gaming, Netflix, Web Browsing, the very occasional use of Photoshop/Maya/3DSmax for personal projects.

3. Monitors

Two Monitors 1 at 3840x1080 and the other at 2560x1440

4. Peripherals

These are listed in the build

5. Why are you upgrading?

I am upgrading an i7 3770s with 16gb of DDR.

I need advice on a few things, I am a major newb when it comes to Water Cooling and would prefer to stick to AIO solutions. So are there any cases that have room for the two GPU Radiators+ an AIO Solution (which I need help picking) for the Processor.If it helps, for a case, I prefer to be able to disable RGB, Color matching isn't a big deal, I prefer acrylic windows over a tempered glass, and a fully closed case is ideal. Mid - Full ATX is fine. When the new Noctua Fans are released I will be changing out any case/radiator fans possible to those. So in short Function over Aesthetics, not much in the way of limiting factors as far as storage space.

Comments on parts already in the build are welcome, but I'm pretty set on Ryzen despite the better gaming performance on 7th Gen Intel Processors. I am still not 100% sure I am not going to wait till later this year to see what happens with Threadripper/Coffeelake.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hFVHM8

1700 over 1700x to save some money if you wan to manually overclock (which you should, almost all chips can get 3.9/4ghz or so)

get higher speed ram as RYZEN loves 3200

wait for Volta or RX vega to get tiny bit better price per performance and efficiency 

stupid psu, could get something less bling 

nzxt kraken x62 for CPU watercooling and Rgb if you want. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

6 hours ago, themctipers said:

1700 over 1700x to save some money if you wan to manually overclock (which you should, almost all chips can get 3.9/4ghz or so)

get higher speed ram as RYZEN loves 3200

wait for Volta or RX vega to get tiny bit better price per performance and efficiency 

stupid psu, could get something less bling 

nzxt kraken x62 for CPU watercooling and Rgb if you want. 

1. I went with the 1700x because I don't want to overstretch the OC that far, from what I've been able to find out you really have to push the OC to get 4Ghz out of ryzen 1700. Seems like that might be asking for accelerated electromigration.

2. I chose this ram because of its CAS Latency, overclocked Ram appears to make such little difference I decided to go for lower bandwidth to reduce overall heat. Below is my source information for this, it's an older video but the principles remain the same.

3. I was waiting for Volta until I found out it's possible that it probably won't even be released with NVLink to the public and even if a consumer grade card is released it won't be till around mid to late 2018. All reports are that RX Vega is about as useful as a paperweight, I had my hopes that they would be able to be disruptive with this card but seems it's not going to happen.

4. That PSU has great reviews, and it's a line of products that I have used on my last two builds with zero issues and I am very happy with. It's about function more than aesthetics as well.

5. My original question about CPU Cooler was kind of contingent on knowing if there was a case that could fit both of the AIO Coolers for the GPUs and one for the CPU so I'll need to see if someone has a good line on a case that will fit these.

Thank you for your input, not trying to be argumentative at all, I am just trying to give my reasoning for my decisions so you or others can help me easier.

7 hours ago, TrigrH said:

If I was going all out id personally wait to see what coffeelake has on offer, as it could become the best gaming CPU?

I am still considering this course, but I think I'd only really consider it if they had higher base cloak/boost clock per core. I was seriously considering 7700k but going with Quadcore just seems pointless when the primary game I will be playing will support Multicore processors. I may just wait to see what happens with Threadripper as well as Intel's answer to Threadripper.

1 hour ago, Odur3 said:

1. I went with the 1700x because I don't want to overstretch the OC that far, from what I've been able to find out you really have to push the OC to get 4Ghz out of ryzen 1700. Seems like that might be asking for accelerated electromigration.

2. I chose this ram because of its CAS Latency, overclocked Ram appears to make such little difference I decided to go for lower bandwidth to reduce overall heat. Below is my source information for this, it's an older video but the principles remain the same.

3. I was waiting for Volta until I found out it's possible that it probably won't even be released with NVLink to the public and even if a consumer grade card is released it won't be till around mid to late 2018. All reports are that RX Vega is about as useful as a paperweight, I had my hopes that they would be able to be disruptive with this card but seems it's not going to happen.

4. That PSU has great reviews, and it's a line of products that I have used on my last two builds with zero issues and I am very happy with. It's about function more than aesthetics as well.

5. My original question about CPU Cooler was kind of contingent on knowing if there was a case that could fit both of the AIO Coolers for the GPUs and one for the CPU so I'll need to see if someone has a good line on a case that will fit these.

Thank you for your input, not trying to be argumentative at all, I am just trying to give my reasoning for my decisions so you or others can help me easier.

There is little evidence that the 1700X is binned over the 1700. As long as you're under 1.42 volts, it's totally fine anyway.

For a 2133 MHz kit, CL15 is pretty shit, tbh. RAM kits don't use much power at all, that's why most motherboards only have 1 or 2 phases for it. The LTT video you used is way outdated; Ryzen benefits greatly from it. I think LTT has a newer video about it, aswell as Gamersnexus, Hardware Unboxed, Paul's Hardware, and more. 

The PSU is way overkill. It's an awesome unit, but it uses AWG 18 wires, so beware of that. If you want a white PSU, the Corsair 850x should be a little cheaper, and it comes with individually sleeved cables. The EVGA G3, P2 and T2 are also really good. 

Since you're going such high end, maybe you can consider custom water cooling, instead of having a bunch of AiOs?

:)

2 minutes ago, seon123 said:

There is little evidence that the 1700X is binned over the 1700. As long as you're under 1.42 volts, it's totally fine anyway.

For a 2133 MHz kit, CL15 is pretty shit, tbh. RAM kits don't use much power at all, that's why most motherboards only have 1 or 2 phases for it. The LTT video you used is way outdated; Ryzen benefits greatly from it. I think LTT has a newer video about it, aswell as Gamersnexus, Hardware Unboxed, Paul's Hardware, and more. 

The PSU is way overkill. It's an awesome unit, but it uses AWG 18 wires, so beware of that. If you want a white PSU, the Corsair 850x should be a little cheaper, and it comes with individually sleeved cables. The EVGA G3, P2 and T2 are also really good. 

Since you're going such high end, maybe you can consider custom water cooling, instead of having a bunch of AiOs?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233831&ignorebbr=1The CL on the Kit I chose was 13 unless newegg made a mistake. I'll check out the newer videos though.

PSU: I'll look at another one, but I'd really prefer to stick with a Seasonic, the current max load power draw for my system is 737 Watts so even on a 1050 watt PSU I'm still a bit past the ideal 50% efficiency curve. That power draw doesn't include Case Fans and the other cooling solution for the CPU.

Cooling: as I stated above, I am very new to Water cooling, so I'd really prefer to stick with the near zero maintenance AIO Solutions, not to mention 1D10T Errors that will cost me $5000 in components if I screw up when setting up a Custom loop and have it leak on me.

15 minutes ago, Odur3 said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233831&ignorebbr=1The CL on the Kit I chose was 13 unless newegg made a mistake. I'll check out the newer videos though.

PSU: I'll look at another one, but I'd really prefer to stick with a Seasonic, the current max load power draw for my system is 737 Watts so even on a 1050 watt PSU I'm still a bit past the ideal 50% efficiency curve. That power draw doesn't include Case Fans and the other cooling solution for the CPU.

Cooling: as I stated above, I am very new to Water cooling, so I'd really prefer to stick with the near zero maintenance AIO Solutions, not to mention 1D10T Errors that will cost me $5000 in components if I screw up when setting up a Custom loop and have it leak on me.

There are lots of PSUs, even from different OEMs that are really good. The difference in efficiency between 50% load and 100% load is just 3%, so is it really worth paying that much more?

If you can point me to a battle tested PSU that is both quiet and has a solid warranty, and will also last me 4-5 years. I'm trying to take capacitor aging and headroom for future part additions into account. So If I'm looking at 750watt under max load (Once the system is built with everything inside) maybe 760 with OC? Then the extra 240watts from a 1000 watt PSU (which price isn't really an issue) will give me some breathing room.

24 minutes ago, Odur3 said:

If you can point me to a battle tested PSU that is both quiet and has a solid warranty, and will also last me 4-5 years. I'm trying to take capacitor aging and headroom for future part additions into account. So If I'm looking at 750watt under max load (Once the system is built with everything inside) maybe 760 with OC? Then the extra 240watts from a 1000 watt PSU (which price isn't really an issue) will give me some breathing room.

This list is a good starting point. You can ask them, as the guys there know a lot more than me about this kind of stuff. 

I think higher end Corsair and EVGA PSUs have 10 year warranties, and Seasonics's Prime PSUs should have 12 year warranties. 850W should be fine, imo, but you can always ask in this thread.

I could be wrong but I think based on what I see in the video, the build would work with the 2x140 Rads for the Video Cards +1 240 Rad for the CPU. Unless you can take the fans out of the front of that case and put in a 360? Anyone know if you can put a 360 in the front of the NZXT H440?