MSI Geforce 1060 Mother board replacements

I'm trying to replace my current mother board witch is a smaller then a full motherboard and currently my WIFI Card is sitting right under my graphic card I was looking at the Maximus IX hero but I don't know if I'd need to replace my graphic card since it's the only one I have and I can't really afford a new one anyone willing to help me with this problem?

Really So the only thing I might need to change is my Ram and CPU witch the CPU is AMD or will that need to change and my ram is Gskill Ripjaws so I'm going to guess the Ram is fine.

1 minute ago, Wolfravin said:

Really So the only thing I might need to change is my Ram and CPU witch the CPU is AMD or will that need to change and my ram is Gskill Ripjaws so I'm going to guess the Ram is fine.

What do you have now, what model of CPU?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

What do you have now, what model of CPU?

My Processor is a AMD A8-7600 Radon R7 how meany cores it has I honestly don't know.

Just now, Wolfravin said:

My Processor is a AMD A8-7600 Radon R7 how meany cores it has I honestly don't know.

OK, what is your total budget for an upgrade?

4 minutes ago, Wolfravin said:

Depends on the mobo you swap to if you are talking about the rog x370 mobo then yes u will need a new cpu and ram most likely unless u have ddr4. Also instead of the hero mobo I would get the Taichi as it has a better vrm just cant use on board video what dosnt matter if you are getting a r5 or r7 anyways

My bad u picked a intel mobo still need ddr4 memory and unless you are going with an i7 I would suggest ryzen as the r5 is on par with the i5s

Edited by cowpker4life

Just now, Damascus said:

OK, what is your total budget for an upgrade?

I'm looking at a max of 205 but that's if I squeeze every penny out of my paycheck and still having money for food and pay my rent and so on.

1 minute ago, Wolfravin said:

I'm looking at a max of 205 but that's if I squeeze every penny out of my paycheck and still having money for food and pay my rent and so on.

Can you save up for a bit?  If you get a new high end ryzen motherboard ($200) you'd  also need a new CPU ($140) and new RAM ($40-$60)

Just now, Damascus said:

Can you save up for a bit?  If you get a new high end ryzen motherboard ($200) you'd  also need a new CPU ($140) and new RAM ($40-$60)

Ya I'm starting next week and I do have computer friend who want's me to go older hardware cause of money stuff but I'm kinda trying to get a computer I can play games on when I done working or I want to take a break from the work I'm doing he even talked me into doing a Raid 1 too witch I'm also reading up on and also watching Tech quickie on the subject.

How many GB of RAM do you have?

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

How many GB of RAM do you have?

I don't know if there counted together or not but currently my Gskill RipjawX do 8GB and it's just the 2 my current mother board holds 4 and only 2 ports are in uses.

Edited by Wolfravin
Added info

Just now, Wolfravin said:

I don't know if there counted together or not but currently my Gskill RipjawX do 8GB.

How long do you mind saving up?  I recommend spending less on the motherboard honestly.  Your friend is right BTW, a reasonably recent second hand CPU like an i7 2600 will set you back about 100 bucks and it will run like a champ.  

Final thought before I head off to sleep, wait until the 8th generation CPU's from intel come out.  The i5 8400 will likely cost $140 and it'll have 6 cores and 12 threads.  That is better IN EVERY WAY than any current i5 offering from intel and beats some i7 offerings as well.

TLDR

Wait or go strategic second hand

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

How long do you mind saving up?  I recommend spending less on the motherboard honestly.  Your friend is right BTW, a reasonably recent second hand CPU like an i7 2600 will set you back about 100 bucks and it will run like a champ.  

Just now, Damascus said:

Final thought before I head off to sleep, wait until the 8th generation CPU's from intel come out.  The i5 8400 will likely cost $140 and it'll have 6 cores and 12 threads.  That is better IN EVERY WAY than any current i5 offering from intel and beats some i7 offerings as well.

TLDR

Wait or go strategic second hand

I'm planing on saving up to November at the latest October at the earliest. I'm watching a few old build videos from Linus tech tips and right now I'm watching one from 2013 witch I also have that list I'm now currently looking at a 80 dollar 120 GB SDD since I plan on having my OS on it's own SD. I know a good chunk on computers it's the buying and whats good to buy that's the hard part to me.

So how much will you have by October?

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

So how much will you have by October?

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Well I have about 200 from what's left over from bills and so on and if I don't go to crazy on buying stuff I don't really need maybe close to 1,000 to 1,600 maybe. That's just guess work right now. On the SSD it was Kingston Digital 120 GB the only reason I got 80 was I went to the Desktop kit to see how much it would be since the link took me to one that didn't have a price.

2 hours ago, Wolfravin said:

I'm trying to replace my current mother board witch is a smaller then a full motherboard and currently my WIFI Card is sitting right under my graphic card I was looking at the Maximus IX hero but I don't know if I'd need to replace my graphic card since it's the only one I have and I can't really afford a new one anyone willing to help me with this problem?

Get another 8 gig kit, 8 gigs is bare minum for new games

Also any GPU works on any MTB

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

So Taking everything you guys told me so far all I got out of it was 1 my GPU is safe I can get a new mother board and put it in. 2 I need to upgrade my CPU and RAM. Finally 3 Buying older parts might be a good choice since they still run good. So right now currently I'm looking at a old i7 5820k or a i7 6800k I'm still looking at the hero since I do want a decent motherboard and currently that's the best I can find at my paycheck.

33 minutes ago, Wolfravin said:

So Taking everything you guys told me so far all I got out of it was 1 my GPU is safe I can get a new mother board and put it in. 2 I need to upgrade my CPU and RAM. Finally 3 Buying older parts might be a good choice since they still run good. So right now currently I'm looking at a old i7 5820k or a i7 6800k I'm still looking at the hero since I do want a decent motherboard and currently that's the best I can find at my paycheck.

Asus boards are the best (gigabyte has same quality but they dont know how to make a working UEFI) you can get

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

So thanks to my brother we got parts planed out to upgrade my mother board to a ASUS ROG STRIX with a Ryzan 7 CPU and one set of S.kill DDR 4 Ram  with a total of 8 TB HDDs not counting the 1 TB HDD witch the 8 TB will be dedicated to a RAID and lastly a SanDisk SSD for the OS and a few programs. But to brake it up I'm saving about 600$ to get all that outside of cutting 6 TB of HDD and the SSD out for a later on Buy for about 300$ witch I can buy part for part pretty cheaply I could probable afford the SSD and one HDD then just get the other two every other pay check.