HD 6xx vs K7xx Opinion

Daniel Z.

Which is better  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better

• K7xx
    • HD 6xx

So I own the K7xx and I have herd the 6xx and the k7xx sound wider almost aritficial and they have more bass and are slightly more comfortable. However the 6xx is better built and they do everything else just better. 

In terms of sound the HD 650 is superior. Sure, the K7XX may be better in one or two categories such as bass quality and quantity, but overall the HD 650 has the advantage in response, integration across the frequency range, and technicalities. As with anything subjective, some may find the sound K7XX superficially more preferable.

Expanding on the point about the HD 650 being better built, keep in mind that nearly every part of the HD 650 can be replaced by the user without tools (once the warranty runs out, of course). This includes the drivers, which do not require soldering. IMO this is a significant advantage and an oft overlooked engineering accomplishment of Sennheiser.

23 hours ago, Jdnoss1234 said:

So I own the K7xx and I have herd the 6xx and the k7xx sound wider almost aritficial and they have more bass and are slightly more comfortable. However the 6xx is better built and they do everything else just better. 

I find the 6XX (hd650) more comfortable than the K7XX. I find the comfort top notch.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."