cant extend monitor for dual monitor + hdmi not using 120hz

overturnedv1

so basically i bought the nixeus vue 24 for 2 reasons. 1. it was 144hz, but because i have a laptop with no display ports, i could only go to 120hz with hdmi (both the monitor and the laptop have hdmi 2.0). but it isnt picking up 120hz, when i go to adapter properties, and then list all modes, it doesnt go past 120hz, but i cant get 1080p and 120hz at the same time. and for 2, i bought it as a main monitor, and to use my laptop's monitor as a second. however, i cant set up dual monitors, when i set the mode to "extend", i cant drag my mouse to the second monitor (the new one), its locked at the first one, but i can still see the other monitor an to get a new cable to try and fix the 120hz thing, because im not sure this cable is 2.0.

so i literally just finished the issue with the extension, i got it to work. but still having issues with 120hz

10 minutes ago, overturnedv1 said:

so basically i bought the nixeus vue 24 for 2 reasons. 1. it was 144hz, but because i have a laptop with no display ports, i could only go to 120hz with hdmi (both the monitor and the laptop have hdmi 2.0). but it isnt picking up 120hz, when i go to adapter properties, and then list all modes, it doesnt go past 120hz, but i cant get 1080p and 120hz at the same time. and for 2, i bought it as a main monitor, and to use my laptop's monitor as a second. however, i cant set up dual monitors, when i set the mode to "extend", i cant drag my mouse to the second monitor (the new one), its locked at the first one, but i can still see the other monitor an to get a new cable to try and fix the 120hz thing, because im not sure this cable is 2.0.

Have you arranged your monitors in the Display settings to match their physical locations?

And yes, try a new HDMI cable. Shorter is more likely to work, so don't get longer than you need.

mine is already rather short, but yes i will try i new one. i fixed the extension issue.