Integrating External Audio Recorder with Cage

Go to solution Solved by AkiraDaarkst,
2 hours ago, ToeJullar said:

So recently I purchased a Nikon 3400 at my local BestBuy and I've been loving it so far.  The only downfall is that it lacks a microphone input on the camera body.

My question is, how would I go about incorporating an external recorder to my rig without having the damn thing just dangling around.

In the next week or so I plan to buy a cage and want to mount the audio recorder via 1/4" so that its close and well held.  I realize I could quite honestly just use some tape or some ghetto crap, but that's just not my style.

Anyone got any clues?  I was figuring maybe there are some recorders that have thread adapters built into them, otherwise perhaps just getting some kinda 1/4" clamp thing if that exists.

Recorders like the Tascam DR-60 or the Zoom H1 have threaded mounts.

So recently I purchased a Nikon 3400 at my local BestBuy and I've been loving it so far.  The only downfall is that it lacks a microphone input on the camera body.

My question is, how would I go about incorporating an external recorder to my rig without having the damn thing just dangling around.

In the next week or so I plan to buy a cage and want to mount the audio recorder via 1/4" so that its close and well held.  I realize I could quite honestly just use some tape or some ghetto crap, but that's just not my style.

Anyone got any clues?  I was figuring maybe there are some recorders that have thread adapters built into them, otherwise perhaps just getting some kinda 1/4" clamp thing if that exists.

2 hours ago, ToeJullar said:

Recorders like the Tascam DR-60 or the Zoom H1 have threaded mounts.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins