Sell my FX 6300 for a Fx 8 or 9?

4 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

w           u           t

I was referring to CPU instruction sets in newer architecture

calm down dude

andddd i just found out how much old intel still goes for....

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

1 minute ago, Pcinacan said:

andddd i just found out how much old intel still goes for....

good or bad ???

whats your budget?

Ok what if I did this. Keep my horable Mobo and get a 8350. Then on Christmas I will buy a rift and after I get money I will buy ryzen

CPUFX 8320, Motherboard ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Socket AM3+ AMD, RAM g.skill ripjaws x series (2x8gb), GPUstrix gtx 970, Storage 500gb + 500gb + 250 ssd, PSU EVGA 600w B 80 PLUS BRONZE, Display(s) ASUS VG248QE 24"+ Hisense 24" + Vizio 24", Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, PC Part Picker  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LFxQ23

3 minutes ago, deadheaddraven said:

good or bad ???

whats your budget?

They don't rly drop at all. I only have like $100 right now so that is why I was just going to upgrade.

Just now, Pcinacan said:

Ok what if I did this. Keep my horable Mobo and get a 8350. Then on Christmas I will buy a rift and after I get money I will buy ryzen

That's the same as the CPU I just got rid of just with a high base clock speed

it has been fine for years but it's no powerhouse

if you just wanted to run Overwatch and stuff like that id say go for it but for VR I wouldn't recommend it

saying that if you get it dirt cheap then go for it,

just remember that it needs a lot of cooling

10 minutes ago, deadheaddraven said:

Ok dude calm down I'm just sharing my opinions here

Talking about the years I spent with AMD

I've had AMD for the last 10+ years and the CPU's have worked fine but always ran hot and get super unstable when overclocked after a few years (in my experience)

I know any GPU will work with any CPU but most of the time people tend to pair up

Intel and Nvidia

AMD and AMD

just speaking from experiences, no need to go, nuts dude

Anecdotal experiences and 'facts' or 'tendencies' shouldn't be used to make recommendations, almost ever... you, sir/madam, are clearly misinformed and are part of the problem why intel is able to charge such high prices. 

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

Just now, Shiv78 said:

Anecdotal experiences and 'facts' or 'tendencies' shouldn't be used to make recommendations, almost ever... you, sir/madam, are clearly misinformed and are part of the problem why intel is able to charge such high prices. 

So my 10+ years of experience with AMD CPU's can't be used to make recommendations? 

you do realise recommendations based on personal experience is usually where recommendations come from right?

calm down, Guys want opinions, people give opinions

we all have different opinions, so what

31 minutes ago, deadheaddraven said:

I have had an AMD FX 8320 for years and last month I upgraded to an Intel Core I7 7700 and the difference is staggering

I would suggest you move over to Intel for VR

(doesn't need to be an I7, I5 will be just as good for VR)

it may cost a little more but its so worth it in the long run

AMD CPU's are great for budget gaming builds but not for high end and VR, they just run so hot and unstable, also remember the FX series is like 6 years old now

p.s. I have been AMD CPU's my whole life but now I see why people swear by Intel for their CPU's, especially if you are using Nvidia GPU's (i have a GTX 970 and its flying atm)

Umm no? And has changed with ryzen and it's better than Intel for 50+% percent of people dude.

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

Umm no? And has changed with ryzen and it's better than Intel for 50+% percent of people dude.

Fair enough

I was thinking about going to go Ryzen but the benchmarks didn't hold up and this time around they didn't seem that cheap in comparison to Intel (the pricing may differ as I'm in the UK, I don't know)

Not looking for a fight here

Just saying i really like my new I7 

if you like Ryzen then power to you

they all work in the end

8 minutes ago, deadheaddraven said:

Not looking for a fight here

Just saying i really like my new I7 

if you like Ryzen then power to you

they all work in the end

Not looking for a fight, and yes the old chips did run hot and everything so if you just looked at benchmarks and decided not to then it makes sense that you'd base it off of their past. And i7 is still great.

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Not looking for a fight, and yes the old chips did run hot and everything so if you just looked at benchmarks and decided not to then it makes sense that you'd base it off of their past. And i7 is still great.

Totally dude

I based my comments from experience with the FX and Athlon era CPU's and benchmarks I looked up like these

I'm glad Ryzen works well for you, we all just want to game right?

47U733E5vj7uXRrcY4eUZ5-650-80.png

aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9aL1kvNjU3MDcwL29yaWdpbmFsL0ltYWdlMS5wbmc=.png

9 minutes ago, deadheaddraven said:

Totally dude

I based my comments from experience with the FX and Athlon era CPU's and benchmarks I looked up like these

I'm glad Ryzen works well for you, we all just want to game right?

yes good job cherrypicking benchmarks... Cinebench 1T really?

You even said FX is old... so why would you base recommendations for Ryzen off of a couple of benchmarks and old CPUs? That's like saying the new 2017 Audi A4 is horrible because the 2010 one was bad (it wasn't, but just an example). 

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]