Can't access files on network from one computer

So the computer we are trying to access actually can be accessed by other computers. It used to be accessible on this one, but now its not. When I click on the computer, it asks the user ID and password, but when I enter those, it says they are wrong. They are correct though and I even made a new admin account and tried logging in with those credentials and it says they are wrong.

I've tried restarting both computers, I tried pinging the computer with the files on it (does successfully), turned the antivirus and firewall off, etc... Both computers are set to a private network, etc... Any suggestions?

I believe the computer we are trying to access is running Windows 7 (might be 10 though, can't remember), and the computer that is trying to connect is running Windows 7.

Ensure that the PC allows remote connections and has the folder shared to the network. You'll also need to confirm that the account you're creating has folder permissions. (right click the shared folder and confirm that it's actually shared and that your newly created account can access it)

Dell Certified Engineer | Lenovo Qualified Service Technician | Toshiba Qualified Service Technician

CCENT Qualified Networking Technician