Low FPS. Good PC

Tuxedo_Jesus

I have updated this post. I was wrong about my original CPU. I was at work, now have came home to update it.

My processor was posted as an AMD 4300 3.8 GHz Quad Core. I was told that was outdated and bad. When I gave it another look. I have an AMD FX 8350 8 Core 4.0 GHz processor. I have edited my post and am wondering if that still is the same issue?

Hello, I've been running into an issue with FPS on my PC for a couple years now. I only realized how severe when I bought a new laptop with identical specs but saw it run better.

My PC has a 1070 8gb Founders GTX, 16GB Ram, 8350 AMD 4.0 GHz Eight Core. A 1 TB HDD. I originally had a 970GTX and had issues running games such as Rust. Rust would be on low graphics and get about 10-20 FPS, I always assumed it was just too old of a card, so i bought a 1070 to accompany my Vive VR. Unfortunately, I quickly realized I could run VR, but Rust in high now gets about 30 FPS. PUBG in high gets 20-30 FPS. When running, I check my FPS with the ingame display, and my RAM and CPU with the task manager. I run at about 40% RAM and 30-40% CPU on PUBG, I'll have nothing else running amd plenty of excess power, but my FPS can't get close to 60.

On my new laptop with a 8GB 1070, Quad intel 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 1TB HDD and it runs PUBG in ultra at 60-70FPS.

Ive tried everything with settings and can't seem to make it improve performance at all. What could I try? Is it possibly a power supply issue? Mines a 650W

Once again, this post has been updated from earlier. I am now posting my DxDiag below.

Thanks,

Tuxedo

DxDiag.txt

Its the processor, the FX chip is very old and is a really bad chip nowadays. Try using HWmonitor for better accuracy.

CPU is aweful that's why

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

that cpu is shocking thats why mate, best option is to upgrade to a ryzen 1600.

23 minutes ago, Tuxedo_Jesus said:

Hello, I've been running into an issue with FPS on my PC for a couple years now. I only realized how severe when I bought a new laptop with identical specs but saw it run better.

My PC has a 1070 8gb Founders GTX, 16GB Ram, 4300 AMD 3.8GHz Quad Core. A 1 TB HDD. I originally had a 970GTX and had issues running games such as Rust. Rust would be on low graphics and get about 10-20 FPS, I always assumed it was just too old of a card, so i bought a 1070 to accompany my Vive VR. Unfortunately, I quickly realized I could run VR, but Rust in high now gets about 30 FPS. PUBG in high gets 20-30 FPS. When running, I check my FPS with the ingame display, and my RAM and CPU with the task manager. I run at about 40% RAM and 30-40% CPU on PUBG, I'll have nothing else running amd plenty of excess power, but my FPS can't get close to 60.

On my new laptop with a 8GB 1070, Quad intel 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 1TB HDD and it runs PUBG in ultra at 60-70FPS.

Ive tried everything with settings and can't seem to make it improve performance at all. What could I try? Is it possibly a power supply issue? Mines a 650W

control panel 

power options

select performance

also open nvidia tray

select advanced 

find profiles settings

set profiles for games and your benchmark apps

Just now, bcguru9384 said:

control panel 

power options

select performance

also open nvidia tray

select advanced 

find profiles settings

set profiles for games and your benchmark apps

nothing will fix a GTX 1070 paired with an FX-4300...NOTHING.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I just checked back. I actually have an AMD FX8350. 4.0 GHz 8 core processor. What might the issue be now?